Orthotics for spikes

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

colby41
PV Fan

Unread postby colby41 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:28 pm

so you mean like insoles for my feet? wow, to find the right orthotics for a vaulting spike would be a challenge. im sure podiatrists don't know anything about the way that vaulters run so their "usual" running molds might not work. do you know anyone who's gone this route?

OR...Has anyone ever used orthotics in their sprinting spikes?

i should ask spence chang!
"Live Fierce, Live Free"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:51 pm

I split this into a new post. Lots of pole vaulters have had custom orthotics made for spikes, but I am not one of them. I am sure a few other people can reply and provide more details.

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:26 pm

I got my orthotics made through an orthopedic surgeon. If you have orthotics custom made for you, they should have many different options to help your specific problems and uses in different types of Shoes. I had my orthotics made to fit inside of my spikes (Nike PV Lites), but it took a little work to make them fit (I had to rip out the insoles and skip a few holes in the laces.) If you are having foot/lower leg problems, consult w/ an orthopedic doctor that specializes in feet! They can help you out.

colby41
PV Fan

Unread postby colby41 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Thanks.. I'm going to school in Oregon. Anyone got a recomendation for podiatrists or orthopedic surgeons?
"Live Fierce, Live Free"

apsully
PV Fan

Unread postby apsully » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:09 pm

If no one gives you a name of someone in your area, which i doubt will happen, a good way to find out is to go to your team's athletic training staff. Chances are that they have contact info for some fairly talented individuals.
"Grip it 'n' rip it"

giantsteps
PV Beginner

SUPERFEEEETZ

Unread postby giantsteps » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 pm

i work at a shoe store part time most of the big companies and some of the small ones in the athletic footwear business come in and have clinics with our staff so we can be knowledgeable about their product anyway lemme get to the point. try out superfeet black insoles these are the ones that fit into track spikes and i promise you will love them your plantars will never hurt again and your heel problems will be a thing of the past. checkkkkem

http://www.superfeet.com/products/Black.aspx
CSULA 16' or bust next year

Myspace.com/j2dizzo

colby41
PV Fan

Unread postby colby41 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:46 pm

Wow, that sounds promissing! Ill. Check em out. Thanks a lot
"Live Fierce, Live Free"

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”