News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

KYSEAMAN
PV Whiz
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 17'10.5
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Unread postby KYSEAMAN » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:11 pm

SkyHigh21 wrote:Dont worry Invert... You'll soon learn what it takes to jump in the Big XII... Especially if one of the top returners can jump all of Baylors vaulters PRs (which i didnt know they even had any vaulters to begin with) from 4 lefts... that's 17 feet Invert, and if u think im full of it come to OU and try me... even the signees havnt been 17 feet at Baylor... Jump 5.20 and then make comments... See you on the runway

Love,
(PR's of all three top returners)

PS... Good luck, Ull need it.

haha I am lovin it!
Follow me on Twitter @PVSeaman
www.takogrip.com - The ONLY pole vault grip tape.
Knoxville, TN

NUVAULTER
PV Nerd

Unread postby NUVAULTER » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:46 pm

TREY wow Gabe and I are laughing our a** off right now at your post! Hows training going for you? and well everyone else. Gabe and I are training hard, got some good newbies around The conference is gonna be really tough again as always. See you soon. Tyson???
Husker Track and Field.

TreyDECA
PV Pro
Expertise: Former HS, College, and current Elite vaulter/decathlete

Unread postby TreyDECA » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:12 pm

NUVAULTER wrote:TREY wow Gabe and I are laughing our a** off right now at your post! Hows training going for you? and well everyone else. Gabe and I are training hard, got some good newbies around The conference is gonna be really tough again as always. See you soon. Tyson???

training's good man, we've got a frosh vaulter and dec that are trying to relearn stuff while donovan and myself try not to fall apart from all the running we're doing.

stay healthy guys. i know travelling this year to indoor conference will be different, but you'll be just fine, trust me!! ;)
8700... mark it down

invert07
PV Nerd

Unread postby invert07 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:39 pm

haha man im gone fo4 a couple of days and this thing blows up .... well i know who scott and cip are ive met them and have spent a weekend with them both... now im just saying that (seeing how everyone has school spirit) im going all out for the baylor boys... now this doesnt mean what i say will come true it may not it may we will see... now i cant say much for me doing anything for them im still a senior in highschool... and just to let whoever said that baylor recruits havent vaulted 17' yet i'd hold on untill spring is done with highschool cause they are going to have one... but besides that all im doing is representing it out for my guys down in waco, wouldnt you do that same for your own college? even if the real fact is that the vaulters or lets just say athlete may not have a chance at doing what you say he or she will do...maybe they will no one knows what could happen this year but theres always a possibility, ohh and hal the coach is Danny Brabham... and thanks for being there morry! hope spencer is doing great cant wait to see him vault this year!

-J.Farley-
sic 'em!!

Today, talent alone is not enough.

-sergey bubka-

invert07
PV Nerd

Unread postby invert07 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:43 pm

TreyDECA
who am i...Joseph Farley
where am i from... aledo, texas
400 time... 51.6.. not fast but theres always improvement needed somewhere
sic 'em!!

-sergey bubka-

smokinvaulter1
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Semi Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.55m
Favorite Vaulter: Joe Dial

Unread postby smokinvaulter1 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:35 am

Back in my day all the Big 12 vaulters were buddies and we always got together and party. We even all got in a fight in columbia Mo. once with some columbians LOL. And vaulters prevailed, then we stuffed 8 vaulters in the back of a toyota corolla and bailed. No one got busted. :yes:
But the big 12 is a tough vault conference and has some good guys also. They are some of the best friends I ever had.

TreyDECA
PV Pro

Unread postby TreyDECA » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:06 pm

smokinvaulter1 wrote:Back in my day all the Big 12 vaulters were buddies and we always got together and party. We even all got in a fight in columbia Mo. once with some columbians LOL. And vaulters prevailed, then we stuffed 8 vaulters in the back of a toyota corolla and bailed. No one got busted. :yes:
But the big 12 is a tough vault conference and has some good guys also. They are some of the best friends I ever had.

that's the way it was back in the SEC a few years ago with the USC, UT, UF guys and me... the big 12 has been a little less frat and i little more war so far.
8700... mark it down

TreyDECA
PV Pro

Unread postby TreyDECA » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:09 pm

invert07 wrote: 400 time... 51.6.. not fast but theres always improvement needed somewhere

that's gonna have to drop at least 5 seconds to warrant a scholarship in waco, jk ;)
8700... mark it down

invert07
PV Nerd

Unread postby invert07 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:38 pm

haha yea i know but i guess thats why im a vaulter
sic 'em!!

-sergey bubka-

NUVAULTER
PV Nerd

Unread postby NUVAULTER » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:46 pm

Its still that way in the BIg 12 Jeremy, just a little bit more competive. Miss jumping with ya Jeremy it was fun! and Trey I dont have Indoors so I wont have to go to Iowa State. You have to admit having conference at Iowa State over ourt place... wow someone was really thinking... lots of places to sit and watch and Having a track meet inside a rec center is a great idea... Strikes me as funny that people truly believe we cheat and have home field advantage just cause the track is red... guess what its red at Iowa State too...
Husker Track and Field.

EIUvltr
PV Pro
Expertise: Ex-collegiate pole vaulter B.S. Exercise Science ACSM personal trainer

Unread postby EIUvltr » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:53 pm

NUVAULTER wrote:Its still that way in the BIg 12 Jeremy, just a little bit more competive. Miss jumping with ya Jeremy it was fun! and Trey I dont have Indoors so I wont have to go to Iowa State. You have to admit having conference at Iowa State over ourt place... wow someone was really thinking... lots of places to sit and watch and Having a track meet inside a rec center is a great idea... Strikes me as funny that people truly believe we cheat and have home field advantage just cause the track is red... guess what its red at Iowa State too...

"Fragment (consider revising)"
"If he dies, he dies"

TreyDECA
PV Pro

Unread postby TreyDECA » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:30 pm

NUVAULTER wrote:Its still that way in the BIg 12 Jeremy, just a little bit more competive. Miss jumping with ya Jeremy it was fun! and Trey I dont have Indoors so I wont have to go to Iowa State. You have to admit having conference at Iowa State over ourt place... wow someone was really thinking... lots of places to sit and watch and Having a track meet inside a rec center is a great idea... Strikes me as funny that people truly believe we cheat and have home field advantage just cause the track is red... guess what its red at Iowa State too...

nah, we never thought you guys cheated at the meet but there's just something about sleeping in your own bed and having your regular meals and familiar surroundings.... plus travelling into lincoln isn't exactly easy (no big airports) so riding on multiple planes and buses takes some out of you

ps. i've only got indoor so i'll just be a grad-assisstant for outdoors.
8700... mark it down

Return to “Pole Vault - College”