Class of 2006 Signings

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:23 pm

Eric Mammoser to SIUE

http://www.siue.edu/ATHLETIC/MTCC/20052006/0627.html

June 27, 2006

SIUE Track and Field Adds Mammoser
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. - Eric Mammoser (Newton) has signed a national letter of intent to join the Southern Illinois University Edwardsville men's track and field team.
Mammoser, a pole vaulter, was a member of the Class A state championship team from Newton High School. He placed second at the 2006 Illinois High School Association Class A state meet.
"Eric is a very talented athlete who has a nice frame for the vault, and he will excel at the collegiate level," said SIUE Men's Track and Field Coach David Astrauskas.
Mammoser will be side-by-side with NCAA All-American Anthony Weber (Marengo), who finished fourth at both the indoor and outdoor NCAA Championships in 2006.
"Eric has vaulted 15 feet, 3 inches, and is capable of higher heights. I look forward to his progression in the pole vault," said Astrauskas.
-siue cougars-

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:34 pm

http://www.cstv.com/sports/c-track/stor ... 06aac.html

Women's Track & Field Announces Six Additional Signees for 2006-07

Noad pleased with caliber of athletes heading to Clemson this fall
July 24, 2006

Clemson, SC - The women's track & field team has announced six late period signees for the 2006-07 season, according to Head Coach Marcia Noad on Monday. Joining the squad this fall will be Emily Barlage, Ashley Good, Kristine Scott, Bethanie Wachna, Anastasia Wilson, and Nakeisha Wineglass.

Barlage comes to Clemson after earning four track & field letters at Susquehannock High School in Dover, PA. She is a two-time YAIAA high jump champion and 2006 pole vault champion. She was named the team's MVP of field events three times in her high school career.

"Emily is a diamond in the rough," Noad believes. "She has made great progress as a vaulter during her senior year, and we feel that is going to continue at Clemson. She is an athlete who will benefit from a year-round program and more focus on a primary event."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:16 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:22 am

rainbowgirl28 wrote:I actually updated the list!!!!

http://www.polevaultpower.com/college/2006class.php

Updated again 7/30/06

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:25 am

http://www.dowagiacnews.com/articles/20 ... ports1.txt

O'Keefe signs with Bethel

By SCOTT NOVAK / Dowagiac Daily News
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:43 AM EDT

MISHAWAKA, Ind. - Record-setting Ann O'Keefe will ply her pole vaulting skills at Bethel College next season.

O'Keefe, who also holds the school record as part of the 400-meter relay team, signed her National Letter of Intent with Bethel Monday afternoon.

Dowagiac's Ann O'Keefe signed a National Letter of Intent to run track for Bethel College. O'Keefe is the Dowagiac Union High School record holder in the pole vault (10-9) and was a member of the record-setting 400-meter relay team. Pictured here from left to right are Pat O'Keefe, Ann, Bethel head coach Tony Natali, Linda O'Keefe and Bethel pole vault coach Danny Wilkerson.
The signing left the Dowagiac three-sport standout feeling at ease with her decision.

"I'm very relieved," she said when asked how it felt to finally have decided on a college. "The wait was definitely worth it."

O'Keefe received $56,000 in scholarship and grants from Bethel.

According to vaulting coach Danny Wilkerson, the addition of O'Keefe cements Bethel as one of the top vaulting schools in the country.

"She is just a great fit with the other girls that we have," Wilkerson said.

Bethel head track coach Tony Natali was also pleased with the signing.

"We're excited to have Ann," he said. "We are not just excited about her performance on the track, but we know that she is the right kind of person for Bethel. We are pretty picky about the type of kids we bring in here. I was really impressed with Ann as a person."

O'Keefe, who also played tennis and volleyball at Dowagiac Union High School, was considering Sienna Heights.

"They have a better pole vault coach here," she said of her decision to go to Bethel. "I met all of the girls and we all have certain things that we are good at. One of them is good at the plant, another is good at the swing and I am good with my run. Together we have the whole vault. Now we just need to work together to make each other better."

O'Keefe holds the school pole vault record with a height of 10-feet-9.

She is a three-time regional champion and placed 12th or better at the state finals in her three trips.

This past June, O'Keefe finished fourth when she broke her own school record.

O'Keefe will study physical education and elementary education at Bethel.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:05 pm

http://www.dsu.nodak.edu/track_articles.asp?year=2006

Dickinson State Track and Field adds 31 Men and Women to Program
July 10, 2006

Dickinson State track and field coach Pete Stanton has announced the signing of 21 men and 10 women to letters of intent for the 2006-07 school year. The Blue Hawk men won their third straight national championship in 2006 to go along with their national runner-up finish in 2003. The men have also won four of the last five DAC championships. The Blue Hawk women made 2006 one of the best seasons in the history of the school. The women were runner-up at the DAC meet, their highest finish since the inception of the DAC. Twelve men and women earned All-American honors in 2006.
The 2006 recruiting class includes several state champions, including Bottineau native Kelsey Aide who set a North Dakota all-class record in the Pole Vault. The following is an overview of the Blue Hawk recruits.
Aide vaulted 12’4â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:37 pm

http://und.cstv.com/sports/c-track/spec ... 06aac.html

Rikkilynn London (Lakeside, Ariz./Blue Ridge HS) -- Honorable mention all-state selection by Arizona Republic as a senior ... top pole vault clearance was 10-7 upon winning '06 Arizona Class 3A outdoor state title ... also won 2006 Class 3A state title in 300-meter hurdles and took third in 100-meter hurdles at same state meet ... chosen as Gates Millennium Scholar.

Jim Merchun (Carmel, Ind./Cathedral HS) -- Pole vaulter with top clearance of 14-6 at 2006 Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) outdoor state championships where he placed ninth ... took second at '06 regionals with 14-foot height ... best indoor clearance of senior year was 14-3 (sixth in state).

Michelle Ripple (Littleton, Colo./Arapahoe HS) -- First-team all-state pole vaulter as a senior by Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News ... won 2006 Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) Class 5A outdoor state title with personal-best 12-0 clearance.

Matt Schipper (Leo, Ind./Bishop Dwenger HS) -- top clearance in pole vault was 15-6 (outdoors) during prep career ... finished fourth at 2006 Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) outdoor state meet ... older brothers Andrew and Ryan both were All-Americans in the event at Division III entity Rose-Hulman.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:39 pm

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle ... OEM_ID=300

Kristen Keith
Southlake, Texas | Carroll High School | Pole Vault
Texas State High School Championships runner-up in 2006 with a best vault of 12-9.00 ... Her season best pole vault of 13-0 ranked second best in the state and seventh in the nation among high schoolers ... Was seventh at the 2005 Reno Pole Vault Summit and fourth in 2006 ... Finished runner-up at the 2005 AAU National Junior Olympic Games ... As a junior, placed third at the state high school championships.

PR: Pole Vault – 13-0

Sarah Pappas
Houston, Texas | Memorial High School | Pole Vault
Posted a season best pole vault mark of 12-0 that ranked eighth in the state of Texas and in the top 25 nationally among high school athletes.

PR: 12-0

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:49 pm

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/c-track ... 06aaa.html

[Kyle] Ketchersid will also join the multi squad. He recorded personal bests of 14-6 in the pole vault and 15.10 in the 100-meter hurdles while competing at Mansfield High School.

"Kyle is very solid in both the vault and the hurdles -- big point scores in the multi events," Olson said. "Give him an opportunity to learn some of the other events, and we feel he can really grow into the decathlon."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:57 pm

http://www.troytrojans.com/index.php?s= ... _well_id=2

Maggie Beck, Mountain Brook HS, Birmingham, Ala.
Finished fourth in the pole vault at the 2005 Alabama State High School 6A championships with a then-personal best of 9’6â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:39 pm

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/pr ... reptu.html

Girls track

Joanna Burkhart, Oceanside

For some athletes, being able to visualize success helps them perform. But no amount of mental rehearsal could have prepared Burkhart for winning a section title in the pole vault.

“Being a CIF champion was an awesome moment,â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:11 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:I actually updated the list!!!!

http://www.polevaultpower.com/college/2006class.php

Updated 8/10/06

I added PRs to most everyone. I am sure half of the PRs are wrong, so email me corrections.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”