Class of 2006 Signings

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu May 11, 2006 9:41 am

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/article ... news06.txt

College track & field: Black Hills State signs 15

SPEARFISH - Scott Walkinshaw, head cross country and track and field coach at Black Hills State University, recently announced the signing of several new recruits for the 2006-07 season.

Janelle Stickler, Huron High School, lettered in track five years and earned six letters in gymnastics. She was honored as an outstanding female athlete by her high school and was named eighth on the South Dakota High School Girl's Top 10 Track and Field Honor Roll. She placed fifth in the pole vault at the state meet her sophomore year and third her junior year. Stickler is the daughter of Todd and Julie Stickler.

Kayla Martin received the Laurel High School best jumper award in 2005. She placed second in pole vault in the Class A State Track Meet and was named all-conference in 2004 and all-state in 2005. Martin is the daughter of Jay and Paula Martin.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Rice - Jason Colwick (TX) 16-6

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:56 am

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/exet ... 108415.htm

Sonya Healy, a graduated senior from Exeter High School, who is headed to the University of New Hampshire this fall to compete in the pole vault, was 26th. Healy’s best performance of the day came in the long jump where she set a new personal record of 14-8.

Biggie1110
PV Fan

Unread postby Biggie1110 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:52 am

Jeremy Brading
Kent State
16'9
Indiana has the best vaulters!!!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:14 pm

http://florida.scout.com/2/539999.html

One of two pole vaulters in the spring class, Foran boats a PR of 15-5 in the event. In 2006, he claimed the Florida Class 3A state title with a vault of 15-0 in helping St. Thomas Aquinas to a fourth-place finish. He also claimed the Region 4 and District 16 titles in the vault in 2006. The son of Bill Foran, the Miami Heat strength and conditioning coach, Eric also finished third at the 2005 Class 3A state meet with a mark of 14-0 in the pole vault.

The other pole vaulter in the class, Hamilton is coming off a fine outdoor season in which he finished second at the Florida Class 4A Championships with a mark of 13-6. He owns a personal best of 14-6, which he set at the 2006 Class 4A Region 1 meet by finishing second. The 2005 Class 4A Region 1 champion, Hamilton finished seventh at the 2005 Class 4A state meet with a vault of 12-6.

Morrison owns the top pole vault mark in the nation in the high school ranks at 17-6.50 and is one of the top decathletes in the country

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:46 pm

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/preps/273 ... ack14.html

Ryan Vu

Interlake, senior

WHAT HE DID: Vu won the 3A state pole vault title in dramatic fashion, capturing the event with a personal- and 2006 state-best mark of 16-1, despite suffering a pulled hamstring at the first meet of the season. Vu also ran an 11.0 100 meters this season.
HOW HE DID IT: As an underclassman at Interlake, Vu watched the seniors and was inspired by their hard work and commitment to the sport. He also credits working with three-time state pole vault champ Laura Schvaneveldt. "Laura is an insane competitor," he said. "I learned a lot from her."

WHAT HE'LL DO NEXT: Vu will continue to work out this summer and participate in several open meets. He'll attend the Washington next fall and compete with the Husky track team.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:38 pm

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articl ... 02ed8b.txt

SIGNING ON: Six more Wyoming athletes have signed to compete in track and field at Chadron State. They are [...] Megan Harrell of Green River, who will pole vault for the Eagles

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:09 pm

http://www.newsday.com/sports/highschoo ... -headlines

WI's Schoen vaults to Fed title
BY MARCUS HENRY
Newsday Staff Correspondent

June 10, 2006

CANTON, N.Y. - Nothing was going to stop Luke Schoen from going out in style.

Not an 11-hour bus ride or the rainy conditions that plagued the state track and field championships for part of the day Friday.

The senior pole vaulter from West Islip ignored the conditions and had his best day as he captured the state Federation pole vault championship and set a Suffolk record by vaulting a career-best 15 feet, 6 inches at St. Lawrence University.

Schoen's performance topped his previous best of 15-3 set at the St. Anthony's Invitational in May.

"It took 11 hours to get here, so it was satisfying," said Schoen, who is headed to the University of Albany in the fall. "When I got here, I was really energized and ready to go."

Friday's vault notwithstanding, it hasn't been an easy few weeks for Schoen, who pulled his left quadriceps muscle for the third time this season at the Suffolk divisional track championships three weeks ago.

"That was the third time I pulled it really bad, so I had to rest it the last few weeks," Schoen said. "I was sore when I got off the bus yesterday, but I was really waiting for this and nothing was going to stop me from competing."

West Islip coach Sal Alaimo said he knew Schoen would have a big day after watching him in warm-ups.

"I'm ecstatic right now. He's a senior and he went out strong," Alaimo said. "I knew he was going to do it today. I could see it in him when he was warming up."

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:28 pm

Katie Hawkins of Spokane WA(11'7), will be vaulting for BYU
Just you wait...

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:07 am

http://billingsgazette.net/articles/200 ... vorson.txt

Halvorson to vault at DSU
By Gazette News Services

DICKINSON, N.D. -- Dickinson State track and field coach Pete Stanton has announced the signing of Shepherd pole vaulter Brittany Halvorson to a letter of intent to compete for the Blue Hawks next spring.

Halvorson placed second in the pole vault at this year's State B meet, clearing a height of 10 feet.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:09 am

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/h ... igh_school

It paid off for Greg [Noe], who won the 2004 GISA title, competed in the National Pole Vault Summit in Reno, Nev. and will walk on at Georgia.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:44 am

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... 007/SPORTS

A
ndrew Westover, Concord boys' track
A versatile athlete - he ranked first in Class L in the high jump and pole vault, second in the long jump and fifth in the 100 during the regular season - Westover recorded top-five finishes in all four events in the Class L championships and defended his pole vault championship with a mark of 13 feet, 6 inches in the Meet of Champions. He finished ninth in the pole vault, at 13-0, in the New Englands in New Britain, Conn.

Q: What are your plans for next year?A: I will concentrate on pole vaulting at the University of Rhode Island while majoring in biomedical engineering.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”