Minnesota Vaulters!!!

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

1a or 2a

1a
25%
2a
75%

Total votes: 4

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Mon May 09, 2005 8:27 pm

That's Kind of pathetic that we're the only Mn Vaulters on here. If any one else is but never answered just put your names down and the info origionally asked.

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Tue May 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Don't get too upset. They "lurk" about around here but don't always chime in. Thanks for talking to your coach about the pits. I'm going to look at a set up closer to home tomorrow and see what they look like. Who knows I might be heading down your way to look at yours. I told him he should use them for a ring and rope vault area. We'll see, and keep working at this. Your coach seems like a good guy and really wants to help you and your team succeed. Work hard and jump high. Later...........Mike

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Thu May 12, 2005 7:15 pm

we gotta try to get other people around us on.
I have a friend from a nearby school that I should be able to get to join.

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Thu May 12, 2005 10:40 pm

Give it a little time. You'll see more activity after the season is over. I've got the time now cause mine doesn't start till June 12th (hopefully it won't end on the same day). Alot of the guys and gals are probably focusing on the end of the school year and the spring season right now. They'll come around. By the way, how do you like the new pit? Hope it's working for you. Your coach is supposed to get me some dimensions for your old one. I may still end up with that one after all. we'll see. Later.......Mike

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:25 pm

I'm just tryin to get this topic back up top just to see if their are any other MN vaulters

adamstarr
PV Newbie

Unread postby adamstarr » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:12 am

I'm a high school sophomore in mankato. I just started my second year of vaulting last week, I'm coached by Matt Kolb.

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:48 pm

OK kids here we go again for 2006! Adamstarr welcome to the forum. Distancerunner is kinda down in your neck of the woods. Second year vaulting, huh? How are you doing? Have you gotten a chance to get off the ground yet this year. Let us know your progress. I have signed on to help the Mounds View High Schools girls vault team. I will be working with them until probably middle May when I'll be returning to work full time. This is a great website, and if you are really committed to vaulting this is the place to be. Later........Mike

adamstarr
PV Newbie

Unread postby adamstarr » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:03 pm

I vaulted a few times last week indoors at MSU. I made 10' 6" last year and cleared 11' in practice the other day. I'm working towards 13' for this year. Last year I didn't know a thing about technique so I've been watching a lot of videos and reading up a lot.

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:22 pm

Super! There is plenty of "hands on" info right here on this website. Follow the links in the threads to get to spots where coaches are just waiting to help you with more information. Good luck this year and we'll see you plenty on this site. Later...Mike

Return to “North and Central Regions”