DVD's to complement BTB

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

altius
PV Rock Star

DVD's to complement BTB

Unread postby altius » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:40 pm

Just to let y'all know that I hope to have two DVDs available for sale in Reno which will complement - note complement, not supplement - Beginner to Bubka.

One will provide images of the teaching sequence while the other will provide images of the young athletes shown in the book plus film of Bubka and other athletes. The problems at the moment are 1. cutting the material down to get it on to two DVDs and 2. transferring it from the PAL format to the NTSC format. Since I am technologically challenged these may be major stumbling blocks

Note - there will be little to excite the enthusiasts who haunt this site - the materials are intended to help young athletes and their parents better visualise the ideas in the book. :idea:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:02 pm

Look up "PAL to NTSC" on Google. It costs like $20 to convert a DVD or VHS tape. I had a tape of the Sydney Olympics converted several years ago.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Mecham
PV Lover

Re: DVD's to complement BTB

Unread postby Mecham » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:02 pm

altius wrote:Note - there will be little to excite the enthusiasts who haunt this site - the materials are intended to help young athletes and their parents better visualise the ideas in the book. :idea:
Dang It...lol
Just you wait...

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:26 am

Now what sort of DVDs are YOU looking for Mecham???

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:23 pm

My i will get them for my parents......
Just you wait...

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:16 am

will the DVD's be made available any other way that through Reno? some of us are too poor to go again in 2006!

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:41 am

Yes - If folk let me have their email addresses I will contact them re the DVDs IF/ they are available!

cougarscoach
PV Beginner

dvd

Unread postby cougarscoach » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:56 pm

I would like to recommend the DVD to anyone interested in learning how to teach and perfect the technical model as taught by Alan Launder in his book From Beginner to Bubka. I was priviledged to see the book as it was being written, as Altius was and always will be a guest in our house. The teachings in his book are grouned solidly in fundamentals that all beginners can begin to master in a relatively short amount of time.

The DVD, however, is an added bonus as the drills and vaults shown there begin to bring to life those things explained in the book. Having worked at camps with Alan Launder, it is beneficial to see this evolution take place as it truly is a matter of process and attention to detail. Therefore, the DVD will serve as a companion to the book and a blueprint for coaches, parents and athletes that are willing to take up the challenge of implementing this technical model into their vault.

I have seen this Bubka/Petrov model, as enhanced by Alan's efforts, work not only for beginning athletes - but Olympic level athletes just the same. The visual learning offered in the various videos will serve as a foundation and a pattern for the proper building of this integrated technical model.

We should all thank Alan Launder for his years of service and effort in sharing his knowledge
"if you wait until you are great to dream; you will never have dreamed enough to be great"

Return to “Sales Forum”