New vidoes

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

Mecham
PV Lover

Re: OK

Unread postby Mecham » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:19 am

ashcraftpv wrote:
THEONE wrote:SHe is not technically sound at all

could you elaborate a bit further on what you think is wrong with her technique? i'm just curious as to why you don't think she's technically sound.....
I think what he means is that she doesnt sound technical at all. It is kind of hard to make a vault "sound" technical. It can look technical, but sound is a whole different dimension. :D

Most of her vaults look a lot the same? Do you agree? and why?
Just you wait...

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:42 am

I think she pulls a bit with her bottom arm. Maybe she does this to slow down the pole since it appears she's under gripped. Still, her technique is probably 10 times better than the next best female and better than probably all but a couple of the men. If she really did jump like Bubka, she would clear well over 5.20.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:32 pm

achtungpv wrote:I think she pulls a bit with her bottom arm. Maybe she does this to slow down the pole since it appears she's under gripped. Still, her technique is probably 10 times better than the next best female and better than probably all but a couple of the men. If she really did jump like Bubka, she would clear well over 5.20.

I deff agree...I have thought this about couple of the videos I have seen of her...good point
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:24 pm

I've heard her coach wouldn't let her move to longer poles in the past, but that they might make the switch to the 4.60 poles this year.

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:10 pm

ashcraftpv wrote:
KYLE ELLIS wrote:besides her top end why does everyone think she is so techniqually good?

How else do you think she can get that much blow off the top of the pole!

so everyone who can blow off the pole is technically superior...?
On a whole new level 6-20-09

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”