New vidoes

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

giolanaro
PV Beginner

New vidoes

Unread postby giolanaro » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:00 pm

stabhoch.com

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:48 pm

Do you know which ones are new?
Just you wait...

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:00 am

The top 4 meets are new. Looks like a bunch of good ones!

http://stabhoch.com/

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:22 am

For those who are wondering why Isy is so much better than any of the women, watch her 5.01m jump. No woman is vaulting as well technically as she is (or most men for that matter!)
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:47 am

Okay, now it see it. Last night when i checked when the topic had started, the meets hadn't been added yet
Just you wait...

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:39 pm

ashcraftpv wrote:For those who are wondering why Isy is so much better than any of the women, watch her 5.01m jump. No woman is vaulting as well technically as she is (or most men for that matter!)

besides her top end why does everyone think she is so techniqually good?
On a whole new level 6-20-09

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:54 pm

KYLE ELLIS wrote:
ashcraftpv wrote:For those who are wondering why Isy is so much better than any of the women, watch her 5.01m jump. No woman is vaulting as well technically as she is (or most men for that matter!)

besides her top end why does everyone think she is so techniqually good?

Obviously she is coming off the top of the pole way better than any of the other girls I have seen, but watching those videos I wasn't that impressed with her takeoff.

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:31 pm

KYLE ELLIS wrote:besides her top end why does everyone think she is so techniqually good?

Her top end is only the product of a technically sound jump! How else do you think she can get that much blow off the top of the pole! Granted, her takeoff isn't the greatest on that particular jump, as she does a poor job of keeping her hips back, but she makes up for it during her swing and rockback. Long straight trail/swing leg with the toe pointed back. Her drive knee stays up during her swing to allow her to rock all the way back to vertical. The pole continues to move during the first phase of her swing, and she's already got her hips above her head when the pole begins to come through. All this sets her up to be in a position to get that good pop off the top of the pole.

In my opinion, the key to jumping high isn't merely learning how to swing to vertical, but learning how to time that swing with the pole so you are in a position to maximize the energy returned from the pole, like Isinbayeva does and Bubka did so well.

i've told my kids this many times: TIMING IS EVERYTHING!

THEONE
PV Newbie

OK

Unread postby THEONE » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:43 pm

SHe is not technically sound at all, she is not even the fastest on the runway. Unlike bubka who was very good technically and was the fastest on the runway, all Isinbayeva can do better than anyone else is get back better than anyone in the sport.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:03 pm

I have to disagree with this last post. If you watch the way she sets up the takeoff, it is much better than any female I can think of off hand, or most males...She has a very early tall plant which creates the oppurtunity to get back on the pole in the manner in which she does. I do not think relative to Bubka she is in the same league, but in comparison to what is out there now, female or male, there are some things she is definintely doing right. You don't get in the position at the top of the pole that she does, unless you have created the oppurtunity to be in that position by doing something correct early on.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

THEONE
PV Newbie

Yeah

Unread postby THEONE » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:26 pm

You're right she does have a great set up and that is why she gets back very well. The bottom line is that she is in a league of her own and there is no female that will even come close to jumpin as high as her any time soon. She will dominate the sport until the day she calls it quits.

ashcraftpv
That one guy

Re: OK

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:39 pm

THEONE wrote:SHe is not technically sound at all

could you elaborate a bit further on what you think is wrong with her technique? i'm just curious as to why you don't think she's technically sound.....

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”