Live coverage of Women's Final

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:46 pm

good jump! she put about 10cm on it too!
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

Vault&Flip
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach

Unread postby Vault&Flip » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:48 pm

Guess it didn't matter much that she went straight to 5.01 as she set a new WR and CR, breaking Feofanova's CR of 4.75 from 2001 and her WR of 5.00 meters. Good days for Hamackova, Polnova, and Gao of China. I wonder what happened to Rogowska from Poland. I was sure she would take second, but at least I got the Polish part right since Pyrek took the silver.

Vault&Flip
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach

Unread postby Vault&Flip » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:50 pm

How were the weather conditions today?

polevaultdad
PV Nerd

Unread postby polevaultdad » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:44 pm

You can hear the cash register ring Cha-ching

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:50 pm

Vault&Flip wrote:Guess it didn't matter much that she went straight to 5.01 as she set a new WR and CR, breaking Feofanova's CR of 4.75 from 2001 and her WR of 5.00 meters. Good days for Hamackova, Polnova, and Gao of China. I wonder what happened to Rogowska from Poland. I was sure she would take second, but at least I got the Polish part right since Pyrek took the silver.

She had plenty of height, but wasn't quite penetrating enough and coming up a little short on her jumps at 4.50m. I haven't seen many of her jumps, but she seemed to be coming out of her rockback too early and not allowing the pole to continue to move.

The conditions were better than yesterday. No rain and the winds were swirling, but it looked like you'd get a tail wind if you timed it right.....
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

Stensol
PV Beginner

Unread postby Stensol » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:46 pm

Regarding Rogowska,
ashcraftpv wrote:She had plenty of height, but wasn't quite penetrating enough and coming up a little short on her jumps at 4.50m. I haven't seen many of her jumps, but she seemed to be coming out of her rockback too early and not allowing the pole to continue to move.

Your analysis is right on, ashcraftpv. Funny thing is that's how she was jumping all day, so it seems she could have focused more on standard placement for today's conditions, i.e., further forward, than what she's used to. Oh well, easier said than done...

Return to “Pole Vault - International”