clubs in ct... New Haven area??

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Moderator: VaultnGus

i_heart_pv
PV Fan

clubs in ct... New Haven area??

Unread postby i_heart_pv » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:37 pm

Are there any places to vault year-round in the New Haven area? When i go to college there will not be pole vaulting on the track team, and I can't live without it!

nepolevault
PV Newbie

Unread postby nepolevault » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:46 pm

Hillhouse High School in New Haven has an indoor track. It's probably the best option. They may let you in if you can help coach their hs vaulters. Other than that, Yale and Southern Connecticut have vault programs and you may want to check with them.

There's not much of a vaulting scene in New Haven though. We may do some clinics down there this winter.

i_heart_pv
PV Fan

Unread postby i_heart_pv » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:13 pm

o wow really? i'd love to coach vaulters! i'm not the best vaulter myself...but I do know A LOT about it

Flying D
PV Fan

Unread postby Flying D » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:57 pm

hey, i am from the new haven area and would love to be able to pole vault in their facilities if available, but how would i go about contacting someone concerning this? do u think there would be a chance to vault in there during the summer?

also, is there any way i can stay updated on your idea to hold camps there in the winter? any help would be great, thanks
"How high you go depends on how hard you try"

nepolevault
PV Newbie

Unread postby nepolevault » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:19 am

If you are interested in helping out with the vaulters at Hillhouse, Gary Moore is the person you want to look up there. I believe he is the Athletic Director.

I'm sure he would love to have someone around who knows the vault and can coach his athletes.

As for other high school athletes, if you haven't done so already, send us an email at nepolevault@yahoo.com and we'll add you to our email list. Be sure to include where you are from. I would say there will probably be at least a few clinics this winter and we'll be sending out information when the time comes.

I don't know of any specific opportunities to vault this summer in New Haven, unless you can convince your coach to let you use the pits. But, check out the USATF-CT website, they have some meets during the summer, and the Nutmeg Games are at Southern CT in a few weeks (but it may be too late to sign up).

Return to “New England Region”