New WR For Isinbayeva - 4.95!

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

New WR For Isinbayeva - 4.95!

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:44 pm

Photos

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 725050.jpg

Russian pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva poses in front of a scoreboard after setting a new women's pole vault world record at the IAAF Super Grand Prix athletics meeting in Madrid, July 16, 2005. Isinbayeva cleared 4.95 metres to break her own previous record of 4.93 set in Lausanne, Switzerland, on July 5, 2005. REUTERS/Victor Fraile

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 033113.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 0207161930

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 0107161923

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 pm

http://www.conersys.com/AT/main.htm

1 246 Y. ISINBAYEVA 82 RUS 1 - - - - - 4.95 RM
2 249 T. ELISDOTTIR 77 ISL 2 - xxo o xxo xxx 4.45
3 251 T. O'HARA 80 USA 3 - - o xxx 4.30
4 250 E. BELYAKOVA 76 RUS 6 o o xo xxx 4.30
4 247 C. HINGST 80 GER 5 o o xo xxx 4.30
4 248 P. HAMACKOVA 78 CZE 4 - o xo xxx 4.30
7 252 J. SCHWARTZ 79 USA 7 - xo xo xxx 4.30
8 255 N. RYSHICH 77 GER 8 xo o 4.15
256 M. SANCHEZ 79 ESP 10 xxx SM
253 A. BALAKHONOVA 72 UKR 9 - xxx SM

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:48 pm

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArt ... D-PICT.xml

Isinbayeva sets pole vault world record again
Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:37 PM BST
Printer Friendly | Email Article | RSS
By Simon Baskett

MADRID (Reuters) - Olympic champion Yelena Isinbayeva of Russia broke the women's pole vault world record for the second time in 11 days when she cleared 4.95 metres at the IAAF Super Grand Prix meeting on Saturday.

The 23-year-old sailed over the bar on her second attempt to break her previous mark of 4.93 set in Lausanne on July 5.

It was the 15th world record of Isinbayeva's career and took her another step towards the total of 35 records set by Ukrainian pole vaulter Sergey Bubka during his career.

Bubka was on hand to congratulate the former gymnast on her latest record and embraced the Russian after she had received the plaudits from the crowd.

"I knew I was ready to break the record again but it was quite difficult out there," said Isinbayeva. "It was very hot and the wind was tricky too, but my coach kept telling me that my technique was good."

It was a triumphant return to Madrid for the Russian who set her world indoor record of 4.92 when she competed in the Spanish capital at the European indoor championships back in March.

"Madrid is a very special place for me as I've broken two world records here and the spectators were fantastic once again," she said.

Isinbayeva's latest record was a break from tradition, though, as she tends to set new marks one centimetre at a time but on this occasion she beat her previous best by two centimetres in her second attempt at the height.

"In Greece I failed at a new record of 4.94 so this time I decided to go for two more centimetres instead," explained the Russian. "I'm certainly on my way to reaching five metres but we'll just have to see when it can be done."

Saturday's performance earned Isinbayeva her eighth outdoor world record, the other seven being achieved indoors.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:49 pm

Not sure yet what heights she jumped at, but she came in after everyone else went out.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:55 pm

LOL nice headline

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/pages/v ... 2763.shtml

Insatiable Isinbayeva

Yelena Isinbayeva broke the women's pole vault world record when she cleared 4.95 metres at the IAAF Super Grand Prix meeting on Saturday. The 23-year-old sailed over the bar on her second attempt to break her previous mark of 4.93 set in Lausanne on July 5.

Lysenko hammers new world best
It was the 15th world record of Isinbayeva's career and took her another step towards the total of 35 records set by Ukrainian pole vaulter Sergey Bubka during his career.

Bubka was on hand to congratulate the former gymnast on her latest record and embraced the Russian after she had received the plaudits from the crowd.

"I knew I was ready to break the record again but it was quite difficult out there," said Isinbayeva. "It was very hot and the wind was tricky too, but my coach kept telling me that my technique was good."

It was a triumphant return to Madrid for the Russian who set her world indoor record of 4.92 when she competed in the Spanish capital at the European indoor championships back in March.

"Madrid is a very special place for me as I've broken two world records here and the spectators were fantastic once again," she said.

Isinbayeva's latest record was a break from tradition, though, as she tends to set new marks one centimetre at a time but on this occasion she beat her previous best by two centimetres in her second attempt at the height.

"In Greece I failed at a new record of 4.94 so this time I decided to go for two more centimetres instead," explained the Russian. "I'm certainly on my way to reaching five metres but we'll just have to see when it can be done."

Saturday's performance earned Isinbayeva her eighth outdoor world record, the other seven being achieved indoors.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:57 pm

Last edited by rainbowgirl28 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:43 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:54 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 0716204829

Isinbayeva sets new women's pole vault record
5 minutes ago
MADRID (AFP) - Olympic champion Yelena Isinbayeva set a new women's pole vault world record at the Super Grand Prix meeting when she cleared 4.95m.

The new mark beat the previous best of 4.93 also set by the Russian at the Super Grand Prix in Lausanne on July 5.

It is the 15th world record for the 23-year-old from Volgagrad and took her closer to the total of 35 records set by Ukrainian pole vaulter Sergey Bubka during his career.

She cleared the new mark on her second attempt after overcoming a slight scare when she took three tries to clear her opening mark of 4.65.

And Isinbayeva explained that she had not wanted to try the 4.94 because of her failure at that mark last year at the Athens Olympics.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:55 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:And Isinbayeva explained that she had not wanted to try the 4.94 because of her failure at that mark last year at the Athens Olympics.

Somebody wasn't paying very close attention...

She missed that height at a recent meet in Greece, not the Olympics.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:14 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:08 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/4689963.stm

Another world mark for Isinbayeva

Isinbayeva celebrates another world record
Russian Yelena Isinbayeva broke the women's pole vault world record for the second time in 11 days when she cleared 4.95m in Madrid on Saturday.
The 23-year-old sailed over the bar on her second attempt at the IAAF Super Grand Prix to break her previous mark of 4.93 set in Lausanne on 5 July.

The Olympic champion, who has now set 15 global records, said: "I knew I was ready to break the record again.

"But it was quite difficult out there - it was very hot and windy."

However, Isinbayeva revealed she had, as always, been greatly encouraged by her coach - Yevgeny Trofimov.

"My coach kept telling me that my technique was good - and that helped," she said.

Ukrainian pole vaulter Sergey Bubka - who broke the record an incredible 35 times during his own career - was on hand to congratulate the woman who is determined to overhaul his achievements.

Isinbayeva added: "Madrid is a very special place for me as I've broken two world records here and the spectators were fantastic once again."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:14 pm

http://www.iaaf.org/GP05/news/Kind=2/newsId=30459.html

Irrepressible Isinbayeva flies to 4.95m World record in Madrid
Saturday 16 July 2005
Madrid, Spain - Olympic Pole Vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva of Russia, the IAAF Overall World Ranked number one athlete improved her World record tonight at the ‘Meeting de Atletismo Madrid 2005’ - IAAF Super Grand Prix - thanks to a 4.95m** second time clearance.

A slight scare at 4.65m

Yelena Isinbayeva (RUS)
(Getty Images)

Today’s success comes exactly two years and three days after her first World record at 4.82 set in Gateshead on 13 July 2003. Her previous mark of 4.93 set in Lausanne has only lasted 11 days.

This is the second time that Isinbayeva has broken a World record in Madrid as she set the World Indoor record of 4.90 when winning the European title in the city on 6 March this year.

Isinbayeva’s opening height tonight was 4.65 and had gave us all a serious scare as she was only successful on her third try. Then she went straight to 4.95 which she surpassed on her second effort.

“The weather conditions today were far from ideal because of the annoying wind and sun. I took advantage of a brief moment in which the wind almost disappeared and managed the World record,â€Â

Return to “Pole Vault - International”