Sticky stuff??

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

mcminkz05
PV Great
Expertise: College Vaulter

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Tue May 03, 2005 11:31 pm

USMC Vaulter wrote:You could also weight train with free weights, start rock climbing, or do other forearm exercises to strengthen your grip.

Thanks everyone! ill have to see what all i can find from that list of stuff..
and USMC thanks but iv got a pretty good "death grip" going lol, just for some reason when its cold out my hands get so rediculously dry that they slip all over the place, no matter how hard im hangin on to the pole.
What have you done today to get better?

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 am

mcminkz05 wrote: and USMC thanks but iv got a pretty good "death grip" going lol, just for some reason when its cold out my hands get so rediculously dry that they slip all over the place, no matter how hard im hangin on to the pole.

Haha, I know what you mean - the cold messes everything up.
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Wed May 04, 2005 9:02 am

I've got an apparatus I work on hanging under my deck that is basically two galvanized pipe "U's". I have it wrapped with athletic tape. I've been using it for about a month now (mid 30's to mid 40's temp out side). Anyway, I do the lighterfluid deal on it and it gets sticky even in the cold. Later...........Mike

fong520
PV Pro

Unread postby fong520 » Wed May 04, 2005 6:37 pm

hmm if u use chalk does it need to be on the tape?. like does it make it worse if u chalk ur hands and just hold onto th epole where there isnt any athletic tape??.. and does chalk work in the rain too?/. i had soem on my hands on monday and it was rainy and it felt like really weird in my hands.. so i wiped it off cuase i thought it might make it worse?.. is it true or am i just retarded :confused:
i run, therefore im buff.

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”