Minnesota Vaulters!!!

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

1a or 2a

1a
25%
2a
75%

Total votes: 4

distancejumper
PV Pro

Minnesota Vaulters!!!

Unread postby distancejumper » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:28 pm

Well, I guess it's our turn to be cool...Any Minnesota Vaulters or coaches?

also put down your real name and where you go to/where you coach/ and/or where you live now.
Last edited by distancejumper on Thu May 12, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Re: Minnesota Vaulters!!!

Unread postby cdmilton » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:49 am

I'm a HS Coach.

I compete now and again for fun.
Chris Milton

skyin' pimp
PV Whiz

Unread postby skyin' pimp » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:14 am

i HATE MN!!!!!! i've lived here damn near all my life and i'm cold as hell.. but!!!! i've caught hella good bass during the summer.. so, i'll retract my "hate".. yes.. i coach.. what's goin' on chris.. i'm jon heath.. i coached at willmar HS for 6 years, now i coach at MN State Moorhead.. how wonderful
confuscious says: man with four balls doesn't walk

cdmilton
PV Follower

Unread postby cdmilton » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:59 am

skyin' pimp wrote:i HATE MN!!!!!! i've lived here damn near all my life and i'm cold as hell.. but!!!! i've caught hella good bass during the summer.. so, i'll retract my "hate".. yes.. i coach.. what's goin' on chris.. i'm jon heath.. i coached at willmar HS for 6 years, now i coach at MN State Moorhead.. how wonderful

I'm sorry that you hate MN Jon. I love it here. Winter gets long sometimes but that's what skiing and other outdoor sports are for. I thought you said you were moving out to CA? Now you're up in Moorhead? That would be a shocker!

Things are great on my end. I have a great group of kids at Armstrong this year! See you around.
Chris Milton

skyin' pimp
PV Whiz

Unread postby skyin' pimp » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:23 am

yeah.. i had a place lined up in CA.. and i actually backed outta that last year 'cause i had a better offer in denver CO.. and 2 months before i was about to leave for CO.. moorhead called me up outta the blue and gave me a hell of an offer.. i hate cold.. in all honesty.. it's very difficult to seriously train in MN.. that's if you wanna be a very serious vaulter.. yeah.. can be done.. but.. very inconvenient compared to the warmer climates.. yeah.. skiiin' is great.. but, snow vaultin' get's old after the buzz wears off.. so.. how's alicia rue doin'.. i remember her from last state meet.. that girl is a STUD!!! whereever she goes to college, well, that college is lucky.. hope her and the rest of your crew represents well at state.. good luck chris
confuscious says: man with four balls doesn't walk

cdmilton
PV Follower

Unread postby cdmilton » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:42 am

Alicia is doing great. She is still growing and we still have a ton to work on so that is exciting!

My boys are all doing excellent. All 3 of them have a could make the standard and qualify for state!
Chris Milton

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:29 am

I don't count yet (because I haven't vaulted yet) but I'm in Minnesota. At 53 I too am getting tired of the cold weather and the lack of vaultin' and motorcyclin' time. But, as long as my two kids insist on living up here I'm not going to move. It's funny, but when I have moved away for any period of time, when I came back it was like returning home. I'm hoping to be vaultin' by early to mid June. Will there be any masters 50 - 55 meets from that time on? I'd need them close to the Twin Cities. Later.............Mike

cdmilton
PV Follower

Unread postby cdmilton » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:34 am

Mike, check out http://www.raceberryjam.com. They usually post the USATF meets for the summer. Right now they have one up. http://www.raceberryjam.com/opentf.html
Chris Milton

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:26 pm

Thanks Chris. You are probably up to your ears with the high school season aren't you? How are your guys and gals doing? Also, what do you have doing in the summer so that I might be able to come and "play" with you guys. Kevin has invited me over to St. Cloud but the hour and a half drive each way is probably only going to allow me to do that once or twice. My back yard pit set up is going slower than I expected and I know I'll want to at least try to get off of the ground once or twice before it is completed. Do you know the coaches at Centennial or Forest Lake? Maybe a good word from you would get either of those guys to let me come and work with their vaulters in exchange for a little vaulting time. My son and daughter graduated from Centennial. Later.......Mike

cdmilton
PV Follower

Unread postby cdmilton » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:35 pm

souleman wrote:Thanks Chris. You are probably up to your ears with the high school season aren't you? How are your guys and gals doing? Also, what do you have doing in the summer so that I might be able to come and "play" with you guys. Kevin has invited me over to St. Cloud but the hour and a half drive each way is probably only going to allow me to do that once or twice. My back yard pit set up is going slower than I expected and I know I'll want to at least try to get off of the ground once or twice before it is completed. Do you know the coaches at Centennial or Forest Lake? Maybe a good word from you would get either of those guys to let me come and work with their vaulters in exchange for a little vaulting time. My son and daughter graduated from Centennial. Later.......Mike

HS season is in full swing. My kids are doing great. That website lists an honor roll for the top performances in the state. Keep an eye on it to see how the Armstrong vaulters are doing.

Flight Deck will be doing a lot of vaulting at Armstong this summer through the club. Check out http://www.FlightDeckAthletics.com for more details. We hosted a bunch of PV only meets last summer that you would be welcome to come to. Email me if you have any questions.

I don't know the coaches at those schools but if they don't have a vault coach I am sure they would be more than happy to have you work with the kids. Good coaches are hard to come by. I see a lot of intersting things every meet I go to.
Chris Milton

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:05 pm

Ok Chris, Target date June 12th, 2005. That's when the masters championships are at Blaine. I WANNA go! Now what do I do? Mike
P,S. Your vaulters are looking good. I got the registration form off of the web for the meet. I suppose I'd better fill it out and send it in, right?

cdmilton
PV Follower

Unread postby cdmilton » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:51 pm

souleman wrote:Ok Chris, Target date June 12th, 2005. That's when the masters championships are at Blaine. I WANNA go! Now what do I do? I got the registration form off of the web for the meet. I suppose I'd better fill it out and send it in, right?

I think it is cheaper if you send it in or you can just show up and pay more. That's what I usually do since I never know if I can make the meets until a few days before.
Chris Milton

Return to “North and Central Regions”