ruined senior season

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:03 pm

man, i feel bad ... i have this stress fracture on my lower ankle since beginning of my season and i know how it feels to be hopeless to not be able to vault.

how'd u get the injury?

BadMotherVaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter, Volunteer High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 4.35
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson, Jeff Hartwig

Bad injuries

Unread postby BadMotherVaulter » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:00 pm

Ya dude i understand how you feel. (well, kind of, except i'm not all that good.)

In november i tore my ACL right before i was going on a run, and I had total reconstructive surgery in December. I've been training my rear end off all through the winter and, despite some setbacks, i'm vaulting this year.

The best thing to do is to accept that your injured and work on rehab like a man posessed (But by all means don't over-do it.)

I totally feel for you though, sidelining your best event sucks BAD.
suck it up.

DaRuk
PV Fan

Unread postby DaRuk » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:48 pm

Speaking of RUINED SENIOR SEASON... I came down in the box on Monday and tore up my knee. My ACL is ripped for sure, hopefully nothing else. It will be a real stretch for me to make it back in time state qualifying. This sucks. :mad:

Which leads me to my point of HOLD ON TO THE FRICKIN POLE. I jumped 16-8 this season, and yet I was stupid enough to let go of the pole over the box on a bad jump. Dont do that!! I know everyones heard that a million times... but coming down on the box F-ing hurts.

I think I finally realized that pole vaulting is dangerous
Last edited by DaRuk on Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:14 am

I have a buddy that did that in college. except he really hurt his knee it was lay in a way a leg shoud not humanly be able to bend. He coached in WI for a while. He would sit all of his vaulters down and have them feel all the hardware in his knee and tell them this is why you never let go of the pole on a bad vault.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”