Gas Prices

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
meg15078
PV Whiz

Unread postby meg15078 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:25 am

Last week it was 2.47 but luckily its down some to 2.29

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby bjvando » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:20 pm

I paid 2.57 yesterday, i think i'm going to buy a moped
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:35 pm

i just heard from news that gas prices are suppose to continue to increase for this summer ... :no:

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:25 pm

blazerunner121 wrote:i just heard from news that gas prices are suppose to continue to increase for this summer ... :no:
it is suppose to be over 3 dollars by the 4th of july. :crying:
Just you wait...

PVPirate26
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby PVPirate26 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:30 pm

that's it!! i'm selling my car this summer!!

cnfsedcaligal
PV Fan

Unread postby cnfsedcaligal » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:16 am

anyone know anything about motorcycles and how good of gas mileage they get and stuff... i know they can be dangerous and stuff and aren't too good for hauling stuff around on...pole just wouldn't happen....but for me....they could care me around...so yeah?!?!? it's got to be a hell of alot cheaper?
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."- unknown

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:03 am

I'm got a sport bike (ya know - the ones that go 180mph). Anyway, its also a 1000cc's which is a large engine, and even when I run the piss out of it - I still get like 40 miles to the gallon. Motorcycles are phenominal for gas mileage - just make sure you ride safe (lots of kids have been getting into accidents recently).
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

qtpie57
PV Whiz

Unread postby qtpie57 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:53 am

i'm payinig 2.75/gallon right now... definitely going broke fast
"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

cnfsedcaligal
PV Fan

Unread postby cnfsedcaligal » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:01 pm

how is insurance on a motorcycle?? i went to look at bikes last night online...and i realized very quickly i knew very little about what i was looking at.....lol. As for the accident part, yeahi know quite a few peopel that have gotten hurt on them doing stupid stuff.....i think i'd be a little bit more careful...i mean it's not like i like to do crazy things. say pole vault for instance? :D but seriously, yeah.... also i know you have to have a different drivers license, do you have to go to a Bike driving school??!!?
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."- unknown

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:15 pm

Mecham wrote:
blazerunner121 wrote:i just heard from news that gas prices are suppose to continue to increase for this summer ... :no:
it is suppose to be over 3 dollars by the 4th of july. :crying:

crap ... didn't know that it was gonna get that high ... someone should start inventing efficient electrical cars! then gas will slowly disappear.

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:09 pm

Good News! Yesterday OPEC like quadrupled their production and gas should be around 2$ by the summer. instead of 3$!!
Just you wait...

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:01 am

cnfsedcaligal wrote:how is insurance on a motorcycle?? i went to look at bikes last night online...and i realized very quickly i knew very little about what i was looking at.....lol. As for the accident part, yeahi know quite a few peopel that have gotten hurt on them doing stupid stuff.....i think i'd be a little bit more careful...i mean it's not like i like to do crazy things. say pole vault for instance? :D but seriously, yeah.... also i know you have to have a different drivers license, do you have to go to a Bike driving school??!!?

In most states you have to take a Motorcycle safety course to get your motorcycle endorsement on your license (if you are under 18 or in some states 21). No matter how old any beginning rider is, I always suggest that they take the course. This is good for 2 reasons. 1) You get good sound instruction on safe riding and are fully prepared for taking the riding test. 2) It can lower your insurance rates up to 10 percent. The majority of motorcycle accidents occur while people are riding at unsafe speeds or doing something stupid (wheelies, stoppies, standing on the seat while riding down the road... etc). As long as you get a motorcycle that is suitable for your riding level and are a careful/cautious rider (which includes riding with a helmet and appropriate attire), you will be just fine - its no more dangerous than driving a car. I dont know exact prices on motorcycle insurance because it depends on how long you've had your license, your state, your driving record, etc - but I can say that it is basically guaranteed that it will be less than your car insurance.
Matthew Savini

DCHS Vault Coach

www.HighVaultage.com

Return to “General”