What gets you pumped up?

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

StanVaultCoach
PV Wannabe

What gets you pumped up?

Unread postby StanVaultCoach » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:32 am

Back in the day when headphones and walkmans were allowed on the field, a classic lineup of Metallic songs got my adrenaline going and kept it flowin between vaults (Battery, Enter Sandman and Puppet Master being my favorites).

Just wondering what with the NCAA restricting the use of electonics on the infield,

What gets you pumped up?

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:35 am

all i wanna say is awesome music choice...
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

BritDawg
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, Current Vaulter

Unread postby BritDawg » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:52 am

Definitely a HUGE crowd!!!!!!
Isaiah 40:31

vaultin chris
PV Pro
Expertise: (Almost) Elite?
Lifetime Best: 5.42
Favorite Vaulter: Everyone Who Vaults

Unread postby vaultin chris » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:50 am

BritDawg wrote:Definitely a HUGE crowd!!!!!!

a WELL done clap...we call it sugar, but if done correctly it can get the blood pumpin...

also cheerin on my teammates, i dont kno how it works but it gets me pumped
Chris Smith
http://jumpchrisjump.com

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:05 pm

Competition alone - that and good tunes will usually do it.
However...

I once jumped a PR during a meet that ran long cause it was cutting in to the time of the girls soccer game that was supposed to be going on in the infield - so basically they came in to warm up anyway, and all of the sudden I had 2 girls soccer teams cheering me on.... something about 40-50 attractive females cheering that does it for me :P .
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:36 pm

Yeah, i think definately a crowd gets my heart pumping!!! Its something about the magic of it all...that all eyes are on you, especially when you're on top.
I know when i first started out polevaulting as a little underclassman and at the bottom of my highschool conference, i would be starstruck just watching girls soar over heights i only could dream of, wishing i was like them. Also, i remember how i envied that the crowd was with them entirely, i love to be a crowd pleaser. I love hearing the "aww!" and the gasps, and can help but melt under a good applause. When the crowd claps right when you come down the runway you seem more focused, i dunno..

oh yeah, i also get hyped when i jump for a bunch of little kids too, :P

DaRuk
PV Fan

Re: What gets you pumped up?

Unread postby DaRuk » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:14 pm

StanVaultCoach wrote:Back in the day when headphones and walkmans were allowed on the field, a classic lineup of Metallic songs got my adrenaline going and kept it flowin between vaults (Battery, Enter Sandman and Puppet Master being my favorites).

Just wondering what with the NCAA restricting the use of electonics on the infield,

What gets you pumped up?

Glad to see another true metalhead in the forum. I have to say that Megadeth's album Rust in Peace is up there with the best... I was on my final attempt at my opening height on saturday and I cranked up Megadeth... cleared. At the next height I was on my 3rd attempt again... put on my headphones... and cleared again. Works like a charm! I love metal!!

Yeah and speaking of the clap... that works! I had a double PR with the clap on my first usage. (Use it wisely though)

Damn i didnt know ncaa doesnt allow headphones. Im not looking forward to next year anymore. :mad:

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:16 am

im puttin this out for all them rap/hip hop lovers to get pumped,
i gotta hear some gulley grimey tracks, before i go out there, some heavy a** beats with some sick hooks. right now, " ima hustla" is the pump up track for me, but always " neva eva" , " hood Hop", will always get me pumped
Train Harder than your competition

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:28 am

dedicating a meet to someone you have lost. never fun to have to do but it gives you a reason that you have to do well.
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:41 am

uconnvaulta wrote:im puttin this out for all them rap/hip hop lovers to get pumped,
i gotta hear some gulley grimey tracks, before i go out there, some heavy a** beats with some sick hooks. right now, " ima hustla" is the pump up track for me, but always " neva eva" , " hood Hop", will always get me pumped

Man - thats a relief. I was starting to think I was the only one who got pumped up to a tight beat. Good to know there are some other hip hop lovers on here.

p.s - I love all kinds of other music too, hip hop just happens to do the trick when it comes to me and running/workingout/vaulting
Matthew Savini

DCHS Vault Coach

www.HighVaultage.com

VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:31 pm

vaulter870 wrote:dedicating a meet to someone you have lost. never fun to have to do but it gives you a reason that you have to do well.

i hear ya man. my indoor conference meet my sophmore was the same day one year after a friend of mine was killed in his vault accident. PRed bigtime, and woulda won the damn thing if the uconn kid hadn't pulled out a clutch third attempt at 17'3
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:03 pm

yeah damn right Uconn to the top baby, Mazza pulled it out in the right time. miss my training partner
Train Harder than your competition

Return to “Pole Vault - College”