Girlie Question?

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
pvalltheway
PV Wannabe

Unread postby pvalltheway » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:25 am

APKpolevaulter wrote:
Lord of the Poles wrote:my gf is shorter than me, she has to be, I don't think I'd be able to handle a girl who was taller than me. she's only like 2 inches shorter though

I could handle it, but it would be soo wierd. I definitely dont go around looking for girls taller than me. Ugh, that would be so awkward.

I don't see how that would be awkward. I guess I never understood the whole height thing. I wouldn't mind having a gf who was taller than me, although you don't see too many girls who are 5-11.

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:12 am

pvalltheway wrote:
APKpolevaulter wrote:
Lord of the Poles wrote:my gf is shorter than me, she has to be, I don't think I'd be able to handle a girl who was taller than me. she's only like 2 inches shorter though

I could handle it, but it would be soo wierd. I definitely dont go around looking for girls taller than me. Ugh, that would be so awkward.

I don't see how that would be awkward. I guess I never understood the whole height thing. I wouldn't mind having a gf who was taller than me, although you don't see too many girls who are 5-11.

It's just some subconcious feeling. ignoring the fact that you rarely see a girl who's 5'11", do you think you could date one taller than you? just picture her in your head. It's just a subconcious thing, I think, that we need to be bigger, stronger than our "spouse" in order to feel like we're the provider and her source of safety
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

pvalltheway
PV Wannabe

Unread postby pvalltheway » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:05 am

Ah yes, the primal unconsious causing the caveman reaction. I spose that does happen to all of us.

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:40 pm

for the girls:

Girls are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they're afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground, that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think that there is something wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. That is why we just have to be a little patient and the right boy, the one who takes a chance to find the good, right apple, will come someday...

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:13 am

I somewhat agree with that, but we are afraid to climb up top because usually onna the apples pushes us down. The higher we climb the higher it hurts. I guess one bad apple ruins everything is true
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:53 pm

Hey, the girlie apples on the ground are getting the guys for a reason.

If you want the guys on the ground, don't grow up thinking you are out of their reach. You will be left to blow in the wind.

Booyah.
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

pvalltheway
PV Wannabe

Unread postby pvalltheway » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:01 pm

what happens to the apple tree in the winter?
Let the rain hit you in the eyeballs

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:33 pm

SlickVT wrote:Hey, the girlie apples on the ground are getting the guys for a reason.

because they're easy? thats not a compliment.

SlickVT wrote:If you want the guys on the ground, don't grow up thinking you are out of their reach. You will be left to blow in the wind.

Its not about believing to be out of reach, its about believing that you are something worth working for.

Personally, I was one of those who waited a long time before any guy asked me out, and longer before I accepted. We started going out my sophomore year, and two years later, we are still going strong.
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:45 am

Aviendha wrote:Personally, I was one of those who waited a long time before any guy asked me out, and longer before I accepted. We started going out my sophomore year, and two years later, we are still going strong.

I'm assuming you mean Sophomore in high school.

I didn't even get a girl friend until 2 months into my senior year of high school, and sadly, she WAS an "Easy" catch. and it only lasted 2 weeks. But on the first day of freshman orientation of college, I finally met someone who was really special to me, and we have been going out for a year and a half this Sunday. sometimes I'm still in shock that I've made quite the catch and I can't believe I"ve been going out with her for that long already.
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:18 am

kudos, some guys are envious of u, i just might be one of them, lol
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Unread postby Peepers PV » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:00 pm

blazerunner121 wrote:for the girls:

Girls are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they're afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground, that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think that there is something wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. That is why we just have to be a little patient and the right boy, the one who takes a chance to find the good, right apple, will come someday...

awe, i like you :D
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

i_heart_pv
PV Fan

Unread postby i_heart_pv » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:09 pm

SlickVT wrote:If you want the guys on the ground, don't grow up thinking you are out of their reach. You will be left to blow in the wind.

I get what you mean. It's kinda true too...I see girls just sitting and drooling over some hottie and wishing he will give them the time of day. Well, he's not gonna notice them unless they acutally talk to him! ah sometimes that just pisses me off....

Anyway, that little apple analogy is cute :)

Return to “General”