seniors vaulting in college

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:10 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:You'd be Wash U's #2 vaulter, so I am sure they'd love to have you on the team. Don't know how much they can help you out financially since DIII can't give athletic scholarships.

You know we can always get you a good deal to go to Lindenwood ;)

nah, not going to lindenwood (especially not after learning that two girls that absolutely can't stand me are going there...okay, the feeling is mutual, although i'm getting along much better with one of them now) You be sure to let me know if you need me to run any more meets :-) hopefully not in a swamp again though...

yeah, i've emailed the coach as well, at the same time i sent in the recruit form (that was through the internet as well), and i've been meaning to try again, then to call...but yeah, time? never enough of it. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up too high on going to washu anyway...they get like 20,000 applications, accept 2000, and then there's only 3 people that get the full scholarship i applied for, and then 20 someodd others drawn from all the scholarship pools that get half-tuition...*sigh* maybe i can get something from need? maybe the whole twin-brother also going to college will help that...
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:58 pm

Becca, I was just getting ready to suggest that she look into lindenwood as a vault college. Coach L.L. comes with good credientals for any one interested in learning the vault. I know your new "signee" darcey is really "pumped" about the opportunities awaiting her.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:57 am

1yeldud1 wrote:Becca, I was just getting ready to suggest that she look into lindenwood as a vault college. Coach L.L. comes with good credientals for any one interested in learning the vault. I know your new "signee" darcey is really "pumped" about the opportunities awaiting her.

We're excited she is coming :)

skola28
PV Beginner

Unread postby skola28 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:16 pm

but yeah, if WashU doesn't happen, I'm gonna go to U of MO Rolla, they're div II, but again, don't really care, and they don't have ANY girl vaulters right now, so they want me lol :-) i've earned a 12k scholarship there (total cost ~14k....the 12k is the highest they give)

Aviendha-

I go to UMR right now! I'm not sure if I met you on a track recruit visit but you got WashU correct; You'll pay an arm and a leg for a business degree that doesn't reall mean much (I think you really can buy arms and legs for 40k!)

If you're having trouble getting a hold of the coach let me know; he works almost exclusively with the vaulters b/c we are his favorite. I'm headed to Nationals here in a few weeks, and he has really helped a lot this season!

Let me know your plans! FYI, Wash U's track/polevault place is horrid. For paying that much, you'd think they'd improve it a little!

J. R. Skola
University of Missouri - Rolla
--------------------------------------------------
Time flies like an arrow;
Fruit flies like bannanas...

Aviendha
PV Pro

Unread postby Aviendha » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:50 pm

Yep, I met you. Came down MLK day, stayed with Whitney. Schiding's contacted me a few times since, mostly wanting to know if I'd decided where I want to go lol. (I was looking at SEMO for awhile, but I've decided against, I really liked Rolla)...still need to send in my Clearinghouse stuff...haven't even looked at that email since I got it back in January.

I've had high school meets at WashU, so I've seen their outdoor facilities. But yeah, WashUs not exactly focused on the sports...And I'm going for Biology, so WashU IS a great place for that one, with the medical school and all. Again, it's not gonna happen if I don't get some decent financial assistance
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:52 pm

I should be vaulting at Stanford if everything goes right. :heart:
PAC 10 here I come!

skola28
PV Beginner

Unread postby skola28 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:39 am

Av-

You sure have the bio thing correct, WashU can keep up with just about anyone there. I hope decisions come more easily to you in the future! I know my decision was a tough one, so I empathize!

J. R.
--------------------------------------------------

Time flies like an arrow;

Fruit flies like bannanas...

vaulter0512
PV Nerd

Unread postby vaulter0512 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:12 pm

Every college i talk to seems to want me as a decathelte...but oh well...um right now im decideing where i want to go it kinda might look like OU...oh well um still looking into other places though.
Always Improve...Always Evolve...Never Give up...

VaultBrad
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultBrad » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:23 pm

the same thing happened to me about wanting me to be a decathlete, i thought about it but i knew that i only wanted to pole vault. no one asked me about decathlon untill they saw me though. i guess i look like a decathlete.

Aviendha
PV Pro

Unread postby Aviendha » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:41 pm

Well....looks like my college decision has been made for me...I didn't make finalist for the WashU scholarship (2109 applied, 36 finalists, for 3 scholarships)...so unless I can get some awesome financial aid (which isn't gonna happen for an upper middle class white girl, even though we can't afford it) i'll be going to rolla...

Bonevt
PV Whiz

Unread postby Bonevt » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:20 pm

Concidering that if you can jump in the 16s that also gives you a 20+ long jump and a 100 around 11. If your a vautler already that takes care of one of the hardest events. Look at Skipper he scored around a 7500.

BrownPV2009
PV Wannabe

Unread postby BrownPV2009 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:05 pm

Im from North jersey and vaulting next year in the Ivy League at Brown. word

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”