Does any one have good chemistry?

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Does any one have good chemistry?

Unread postby izzystikchik » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:19 am

A friend of mine, who was too lazy to ask, was wondering if anybody else and their pv team mates have a great relationship and a great chemistry with one another?

I know we definately do, we have little get togethers all the time. We even invite our pv guy's to come chill, its something that i've never had before in all the other sports that i've played. in nice :)

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:20 am

sorry i can't spell i meant to say, It's nice :o

LilPVerTex
PV Newbie

Unread postby LilPVerTex » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:34 pm

I AGREE! :D

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:40 pm

I think track has the best chemistry outta any sport, but for pole vaulters, its a brotherhood (i went to an all guys school.) All us pole vaulters would hang out with each other all the time, so yeah. I guess all crazy ppl are close to each other :D
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

breaker
PV Whiz

Unread postby breaker » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:40 pm

yea, my "track" teamates and i dont really hang out or anything, but our pole vault club is amazing.

i allways joke that i have no life because i choose to polevault so much, but i wouldnt trade my "vaulting friends" for anything, we are all so tight and encouraging af eachother, i love them.

pole vaulters are my favorite people. :)

bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:20 am

I've got to agree. All of the vaulters that come from different schools and vault year-round at my school get along so well, and then once season comes you will always see people from a ton of different schools sitting together during the competitions. It is a little weird though that everyone that vaults year round from different schools is a lot closer to each other than the vaulters that go their own schools. I think that track is so divided up (sprints, lj/tj, hj, distance, throws, pv) that it's hard to really get to be as close to people in other events than it is to get along really well with people from your own event.

And then pole vaulters are just amazing anyways :P

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:40 am

bvpv07 wrote: I think that track is so divided up (sprints, lj/tj, hj, distance, throws, pv) that it's hard to really get to be as close to people in other events than it is to get along really well with people from your own event.

I would have to disagree with that, everyday in highschool the whole track team would be around each other from beginning of the day at 7ish to the end of practice around 7ish. We were family, heck, we saw each other more than our real family. I got along with distance squad (even though i think they are nuts, any1 who runs in circles is ;) ), sprinters, jumpers u name it. We rated if our classes we're good based on how many track kids we had in it. We still see each other when we come back home, and u can tell we are so tight. But that could just be my team, but hopefully every1 team is like that, i woudln't trade my team for anything.
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:16 am

CHC04Vault wrote:I think track has the best chemistry outta any sport

I'd have to disagree...i think vaulters might, but i've been on several different swim teams, and each of them was like family...guess when you see the people, um, i guess to say for who they really are, lol, you learn to get comfortable with everyone...it's amazing...as for vaulting though, i do think some vault squads get very close.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

PVPirate26
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby PVPirate26 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:35 pm

yeah i would say that the vaulters get along a lot better with each other then with the rest of the team. for our track team, the field events tend to bond more than the runners do...maybe because our events are more interesting...haha just kidding i love the sprinters and distance girls!!

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:43 pm

I definitely think that there is some sort of special connection that vaulters have that other sports do not. My entire group of close friends is made up of almost all vaulters. Our crew in college hung out together non stop. I even find it fascinating how well we get along with vaulters from other schools and places that we've never met before.

Along these lines, I'm working on putting together a social networking site that is just for vaulters, just like friendster and my space. I'm pretty close to being done and will let everyone know when its ready.
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

PVPirate26
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby PVPirate26 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:45 pm

i agree...pole vaulting is the only sport where you actually make friends with the competition. i think that's pretty awesome!!!

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Unread postby Peepers PV » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:18 pm

i definitely agree! i hang out with my out of town vault friends in orlando more than i hang out with my in town friends from school. i just prefer my vault buddies...though, that could have something to do with them letting me bum at their houses every weekend lol.
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

Return to “General”