Reno

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:02 pm

Ashcraft....Benadryl AND dramamine.... we used to give it to three kids when we would go on long, long car trips. They would sleep for about 10 hours.... They got to where they asked for their "car medicine".... ;)
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

superchau88
PV Nerd

Unread postby superchau88 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:52 pm

this will be my first time going to reno so i was wondering if they send you a confirmation paper or anything? or will they already have your name at the place when you check in on that thursday?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:54 pm

superchau88 wrote:this will be my first time going to reno so i was wondering if they send you a confirmation paper or anything? or will they already have your name at the place when you check in on that thursday?

They'll have your name when you get there.

skyshark177
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach

Unread postby skyshark177 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:18 am

Last year they were staged at the bottom of the escalators near all the poles were stored in the basement of the Hilton with everyones packet of information. I think they were setup by 11am on thursday. Just ask the desk clerk at the Hotel when you get there.

oldlady
PV Newbie

Unread postby oldlady » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:47 pm

[quote="jmayesvaultmom"]
Ashcraft....Benadryl AND dramamine.... we used to give it to three kids when we would go on long, long car trips. They would sleep for about 10 hours.... They got to where they asked for their "car medicine".... ;)
[/quote]

You may want to look at this information...

Benadryl Side Effects

General: Urticaria, drug rash, anaphylactic shock, photosensitivity, excessive perspiration, chills, dryness of mouth, nose, and throat.

Cardiovascular System: Hypotension, headache, palpitations, tachycardia, extrasystoles

Hematologic System: Hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis

Nervous System: Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, fatigue, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, tremor, irritability, insomnia, euphoria, paresthesia, blurred vision, diplopia, vertigo, tinnitus, acute labyrinthitis, neuritis, convulsions

GI System: Epigastric distress, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation

GU System: Urinary frequency, difficult urination, urinary retention, early menses

Dramomine SIDE EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS:

The most common side-effect of dimenhydrinate is sedation which can vary from slight drowsiness to deep sleep, and including inability to concentrate, lassitude (lack of energy, fatigue, lethargy), dizziness, hypotension (low blood pressure) muscular weakness and inco-ordination. Other side-effects include gastro-intestinal disturbances (affecting the stomach and intestines) such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or constipation and epigastric pain (pain in the upper, middle region of the stomach). Headache, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), elation and depression, irritability, nightmares, anorexia (lack of appetite), difficulty in micturition (passing of urine), dryness of the mouth, tightness of the chest and tingling, heaviness and weakness of the hands may occur. In infants and children it may act as a cerebral (brain) stimulant. Symptoms of stimulation in adults include insomnia (inability to sleep), nervousness, tachycardia (increased rate of heart beat), tremors, muscle twitching and convulsions (seizures and fits).

Large doses may precipitate fits in epileptics. Allergic (unusual sensitivity to medicines) reactions and anaphylaxis (sudden, life threatening severe allergic reaction) may occur. Blood dyscrasias including agranulocytosis (severe decrease in a particular type of white blood cells) and haemolytic anaemia (lack of red blood cells due to destruction of circulating cells) may occur. Dimenhydrinate has anticholinergic properties and should be used with care in conditions such as glaucoma (raised pressure in the eye) and prostatic hypertrophy (enlargement of prostrate gland). The anticholinergic effects of atropine and tricyclic antidepressants may be enhanced by dimenhydrinate.

Dimenhydrinate may mask the warning symptoms of damage caused by ototoxic medicines and may effect the metabolism of other medicines in the liver. It may enhance the sedative effect of central nervous system depressants including alcohol, barbiturates, hypnotics, narcotic analgesics, sedatives and tranquillisers.

KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSAGE AND PARTICULARS OF ITS TREATMENT:
Symptoms: Convulsions may occur with overdosage. Also coma respiratory depression (abnormally slow and/or shallow breathing). Stimulation may occur in children.
Treatment: Symptomatic and supportive.

“…the bizarre truth about these OTC medicines is that they are very powerful psychoactive drugsâ€Â
If I can do it, you can do it!

jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:56 pm

:dazed: It was our pediatrician who suggested it! All three of ours are normal....believe it or not!! :confused:
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to go on the heights.

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:18 pm

I cant wait for reno!!! But I heard they got something like 17 inches of snow! You dont think they would call the meet on account of snow do you?!
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:49 pm

MightyMouse wrote:I cant wait for reno!!! But I heard they got something like 17 inches of snow! You dont think they would call the meet on account of snow do you?!

No. It's all inside. A place like Reno has lots of snow plows, to get the road from the airport to the hotel clear.

Erica
PV Whiz
Expertise: Olympian

Unread postby Erica » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:10 pm

I don't know what guys will be vaulting on stage, but the tenetative women's list is:

Stacy Dragila
Kellie Suttle
Chelsea Johnson
Mary Sauer
Tracy O’Hara
Becky Holiday
Lindsay Taylor
Kira Sims
Erica Bartolina
April Steiner
Dana Buller

The plan is to have 12 men and 12 women.

bvpv07
PV Great
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:21 am

MightyMouse wrote:
I cant wait for reno!!! But I heard they got something like 17 inches of snow! You dont think they would call the meet on account of snow do you?!

No. It's all inside. A place like Reno has lots of snow plows, to get the road from the airport to the hotel clear.

Despite all the storms that have been hitting the Sierras recently, they predict that the weather is going to be pretty clear for Summit. By that time there should be no problem getting on the roads. Up until that point though, the road crews will be pretty busy. On the news tonight they had all of these people standing by their front doors with the snow basically 10 feet high on each side. CRAZY for CA

opalkak
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.45m

Unread postby opalkak » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:10 am

just when things seem like they are going great some one comes and pulls the rug out from under you, I guess all you can do is try and catch your balance.
...success is doing what you can do well and doing well whatever you can do

Saum
PV Newbie

Unread postby Saum » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:37 pm

opalkak wrote:just when things seem like they are going great some one comes and pulls the rug out from under you, I guess all you can do is try and catch your balance.
dont worry bout it too much. i live only an hour away from reno, the snow isnt bad. i dont think that they are going to call the biggest pole vault meet of the year for some snow. i will keep all of you up to date though
Accomplish what you can...Defy what you cannot!!!

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”