Track Spikes

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:11 pm

okay, i've been looking online for track spikes and looked through these sites:

www.firsttothefinish.com
www.eastbay.com
www.espikes.com
www.dickpondathletics.com

which of these sites do u think is like reliable? (ex. reliable when it comes to returns, mistakes, etc.)

fong520
PV Pro

Re: Spikes

Unread postby fong520 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:01 pm

castm wrote:I have been in the pole vault for a long time and I can tell you that if you are fortunate enough to get a hold of a pair of the JAPANESE MIZUNO TRIPLE JUMP POLE VAULT these are HANDS DOWN the best spikes out there. They are light, stiff and the plate is in the right place. Everyone who has worn them swears by them. They are impossible to find, so unless you know someone who is going to Japan you won't be able to find them.

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productd ... 3&SID=7690 r those it?

o and i used eastbay before, i got soem mid distance spikes but they sent me some lj spikes instead by accident after about a week i think? i called back adn told them they were pretty cool about it, they sent me them in 2 days cause i said i had a meet that weekend heh. cause i called them at nite and it was too late to sen da shipping order
i run, therefore im buff.

vaultin chris
PV Pro
Expertise: (Almost) Elite?
Lifetime Best: 5.42
Favorite Vaulter: Everyone Who Vaults

Unread postby vaultin chris » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:30 am

blazerunner121 wrote:okay, i've been looking online for track spikes and looked through these sites:

www.firsttothefinish.com
www.eastbay.com
www.espikes.com
www.dickpondathletics.com

which of these sites do u think is like reliable? (ex. reliable when it comes to returns, mistakes, etc.)

I called dick pond, they dont do web orders. But I just put my name on the waiting list. his price is like $86+$7 shipping and does a group discount of $3 off and $5 off each shoe for 7 and 12 new shoes ordered, repecetively. so if you all get 12 teammates and (as the salseguy on the phone told me "coaches, janitor, or the mailman") you could get the discount. again not sure about the reliability but im gonna take the gamble.
Chris Smith
http://jumpchrisjump.com

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:02 pm

I'm a big fan of the tj/pv Mizuno's. Never seen the Japanese version.

vaultin chris
PV Pro
Expertise: (Almost) Elite?
Lifetime Best: 5.42
Favorite Vaulter: Everyone Who Vaults

Re: Spikes

Unread postby vaultin chris » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:12 pm

Chris Smith
http://jumpchrisjump.com

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:33 pm

after seeing botht he lj an pv ones...both are very tempting...i'm with skying brian, might have to get both to see what i like better....i hope they perform as good as they look...if so, props to nike
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

superchau88
PV Nerd

Unread postby superchau88 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:22 am

i'm still using the old nike zoom tj/pv orange and white ones. they've been good this far but they are starting to show their age.

i'm mighty interested in this new model. i might just get myself a pair :P .

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:08 pm

i just got my 2 spikes today. i don't recommend using eastbay. customer service was horrible. i'm okay with wrong items shipped, however, how in the the world could they place a sticker with Nike Rival MD on a clearly written Reebok box. thats just being retarded and i dunno if eastbay was doin it on purpose or what, but theres no way i'm going back to eastbay ... its not good. and again, either maybe i was unlucky to get someone who was having a bad day ... but the calling service sucked. sorry if anyone on this board works for eastbay ... but u guyz reallypissed me off! *sighs* i don't understand how hard it is to read labels.

saraf
PV Pro

Unread postby saraf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:28 am

yea those new nike spikes look sweet. I have had my nike zoom PV spikes the black and red ones since march 27 and already the plastic jump plate tore though the rubber mid foot place .... i don't know . I jump a lot but i don't think that it should be worn through that fast. How long does every one think vault shoes should last?

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:09 am

saraf wrote:yea those new nike spikes look sweet. I have had my nike zoom PV spikes the black and red ones since march 27 and already the plastic jump plate tore though the rubber mid foot place .... i don't know . I jump a lot but i don't think that it should be worn through that fast. How long does every one think vault shoes should last?

Probably 90% of my club members have had the same problem with those spikes. Wonder if Nike fixed it on the new model?
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:43 am

when can we we buy the newer model?
On a whole new level 6-20-09

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:59 pm

according to dick pond's site, you can get them on Oct 1

http://www.dickpondathletics.com/shop.a ... egoryID=49
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”