Reno

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:03 pm

I married the first sane woman I came accross. It took 28 year and I had to go into Canada to find her.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Unread postby Peepers PV » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:29 pm

toki wrote:.. thats why pole vaulters should date pole vaulters

plus if things got serious down the road, a new race of super amazing american pole vaulters would be born leading to an inevitable dominance in the sport ;) . it's just selective breeding really...
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:34 am

Id figure Id throw my 2 cents in.... From all my years of study Ive concluded that women like a@*-holes! It never works out when the guy is getting ran over. Usually I even make my girlfriends pole vault. Its cool to be nice evry once in a while but girlfriends need their ass-whooped about every 2-3 hours to keep their head straight. Plus you only got one life to live and I dont think you will go to heitis for missing a day of school. And since she thinks every one hates her tell her I love her and to stop feeling sorry for herself.
On a whole new level 6-20-09

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:38 am

Peepers PV wrote:
toki wrote:.. thats why pole vaulters should date pole vaulters

plus if things got serious down the road, a new race of super amazing american pole vaulters would be born leading to an inevitable dominance in the sport ;) . it's just selective breeding really...

hey we are kinda dominating now, well the last two olympics. We just need to put a pole in Tim and Marions baby's hands. :yes:

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Unread postby Peepers PV » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:42 am

well, i'm going to disagree- kind of- with the a-hole comment. girls don't like them because they're mean, they like them because they're risky and unpredictable. being unpredictable and nice will get any guy further than he would have gotten with just being mean. girls just want a MAN-not a slightly effeminent guy-being who caters to her every need- though that is nice sometimes. guys: just switch it up sometimes, and you'll be fine ;)
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

breaker
PV Whiz

Unread postby breaker » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:22 am

Peepers PV wrote: girls just want a MAN-not a slightly effeminent guy-being

yea, guys must think chicks only like jerks... no, no, no. huge misconception, that will get you no where...

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:54 am

Yes I agree you must switch it up sometimes and show your good side, but girls no matter what they say like guys who dont put up with their crap. It never fails If a guy is head over heels with a girl hes out, or an abusive jerk hes out, but a good guy he doesnt play all the emotional games and doesnt kiss up and can be an a-hole when fighting is the perfect type for women. And I dont care what any girl tells you but believe me because like eating out 99% of the time they dont even know what they want.
(This goes for the 94% of women that do this stuff, if your in this 6% I apologize)
Last edited by KYLE ELLIS on Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:25 pm

Yeah switch it up.

Stop cleaning and making sandwiches and babies. Switch it up a little and bake me a pie, woman.

Thats right... I said it.
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:21 pm

LOL, best thread on the site so far...
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Looks like you got a high-maintenence girlfriend on your hands. some chicks get upset if everything isn't centered around them and what they want. Sounds like to me she's more interested in her own happiness than yours.

The whole missing class excuse is bogus. I probably missed %20 of my classes my last semester due to track/laziness/hangovers, and still got 3.5 for the semester. You'll miss 2 freakin days......lame

Reno is not to be missed if you are a vaulter! Even if there is the slightest chance you can come. DO IT!

If your gf even cared a shred, she'd encourage you to go......
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:32 pm

yea, I'm going, she's upset, of course, because she believes that much for school. she was like "you don't want to make a bad impression" but why would I care about that for a couple teachers? I have like 35 other teachers I can use for referals anyways by the end of the year.
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

mcminkz05
PV Great
Expertise: College Vaulter

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:39 pm

:yes: just when wed givin up all hope....
What have you done today to get better?

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”