Track Spikes

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

zack

Unread postby zack » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:40 pm

"Pole vault specific" spikes are a gimmick. Really all you need is a decent long jump spike.

opalkak
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.45m

Unread postby opalkak » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:48 pm

The new design is far different than the current one. Many athletes have been testing them over the past year or so. Including some colleges. The New Spikes are very light weight, and much more comfortable than the old shoes. Lets hope I can convince my equipment guy to hold off on ordering me shoes till February when they are scheduled to come out.
...success is doing what you can do well and doing well whatever you can do

wevegotajumper0
PV Newbie

Unread postby wevegotajumper0 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:24 pm

Those spikes look sick man! i just preordered them for myself. I hear they're supposed to be a lot lighter than the old nike zoom TJ/PV. I cant wait.. those things are killin my feet rite now... maybe its cuz i got them a whole size too small :P
"whuddya wanna do with it?"

"lets LAUNCH over it!!!"

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:40 pm

The adidas triple jump spikes are on sale from First to the Finish now at $20 (okay $19.95 I think the fellow told me on the phone). The website still lists them at $30 ($29.95), but when I called and asked about them, the rep (I think he said his name was David) came back and gave me the lower ($19.95 price). At that price, it's tough to go wrong.

It's a discontinued style. They're great for vaulting.

Adistar TJ
Item # 663219

Firsttothefinish.com (800-747-9013)
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:56 pm

thx for all the info!

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:31 pm

Do you all think that all men will be able to wear the new PV Lite spike from Nike?

It says
The first pole vault spike designed specifically for the younger and smaller vaulter. Perfect spike for high school athletes and female vaulters.

What do you think the weight range is for this shoe? Do you think heavier vaulters will be affected by it?

tim hutzley
PV Pro

Unread postby tim hutzley » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:47 pm

theflyingkorean wrote:Do you all think that all men will be able to wear the new PV Lite spike from Nike?

It says
The first pole vault spike designed specifically for the younger and smaller vaulter. Perfect spike for high school athletes and female vaulters.

What do you think the weight range is for this shoe? Do you think heavier vaulters will be affected by it?

are those shoes out now? where can you get them?

wevegotajumper0
PV Newbie

Unread postby wevegotajumper0 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:55 pm

the shoes will be out Feb 1 2005 ... i think you can preorder them on www.firsttothefinish.com i know i'm preordering my pair!!!! :D can you tell i'm just a little excited about them? hehe

"lets LAUNCH over it!!!"

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:15 am

hmm, the pvlite looks pretty good but so does the 2005 lj. i hate to waste money, but i might have to buy both to see which i like better.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:57 pm

I've spoke with 2 vaulters who were testing the pvlite spikes and both of them said that they were a great spike....i'm curious to give them a try...the long jump ones do also look tempting though, although i'm not sure i like them that shiny
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

wevegotajumper0
PV Newbie

Unread postby wevegotajumper0 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:13 pm

yea i agree those lj ones do look pretty sweet as well... but me being a 5'3" 113 lbs. female high school vaulter... i think the pvlites are the most specific to me... again... you know my choice...

"lets LAUNCH over it!!!"

castm
PV Newbie

Spikes

Unread postby castm » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:29 pm

I have been in the pole vault for a long time and I can tell you that if you are fortunate enough to get a hold of a pair of the JAPANESE MIZUNO TRIPLE JUMP POLE VAULT these are HANDS DOWN the best spikes out there. They are light, stiff and the plate is in the right place. Everyone who has worn them swears by them. They are impossible to find, so unless you know someone who is going to Japan you won't be able to find them.

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”