Favorite Runways or place to vault.

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

PVDad
PV Nerd
Expertise: Parent, Fan, AAU and USATF Coach and Meet Director

Re: Favorite vault place... Wrightsville Beach Vault!

Unread postby PVDad » Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:32 pm

PVCoach wrote:We have a Wrightsville Beach Vault photo as our Feature photo at our site. It's my son, Chase Shealy, in his Spiderman outfit, with a great view of the beach. Check it out at http://CarolinaExtreme.com We also have a Cool Vault Event photo's section which feature our vaulters at WBV and the Clovis Street Vault in California. We're still posting photo's but some are ready to view. Enjoy!

My favorite Beach Vault photo is Bob shaking Steph's hand as the winner of the Elite women (and handing her the check!): http://www.wrightsvillebeachvault.com/W ... inners.JPG
Clovis is always memorable, particularly to Steph's high school coach who had his van, luggage, cameras, film (and dog!) stolen last year! :crying:
That's my baby girl!!

jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:58 pm

All I get on that link is a pic of some girl...not Chase...am I doing something wrong???? :crying:
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

PVCoach
PV Wannabe

Unread postby PVCoach » Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:07 pm

jmayesvaultmom wrote:All I get on that link is a pic of some girl...not Chase...am I doing something wrong???? :crying:

You used the link in the posted message after mine which is at the WBV website. Our pictures are on our site http://CarolinaExtreme.com
Vault High, Vault Safe!

Rusty Shealy
Director/Head Coach
Carolina Extreme Track & Field

PVDad
PV Nerd

Unread postby PVDad » Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:01 pm

jmayesvaultmom wrote:All I get on that link is a pic of some girl...not Chase...am I doing something wrong???? :crying:

That would depend on what you're looking for. The "some girl" is my daughter Stephanie along with Charlotte LaRoche on the left and Bob Berke on the right.
If you're looking for the Spiderman, start here: http://carolinaextreme.com/Index_files/page0009.htm
That's my baby girl!!

PVCoach
PV Wannabe

Unread postby PVCoach » Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:17 pm

Chase jumped with Stephanie at Wrightsville Beach and at the Street Vault in Clovis. She is really good and shows great promise. I think it was a good move to go to Earl Bell's. He brings out the best in vaulters, especially tall ones.

We'll be at Earl's for the Dec 18th camp. Maybe we'll see her again there.
Vault High, Vault Safe!

Rusty Shealy

Director/Head Coach

PVDad
PV Nerd

Favorite vault place... Wrightsville Beach Vault!

Unread postby PVDad » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:26 am

Thanks for the kind words Rusty, although we hope she'll be home by the 18th for Xmas.

We look to Earl to give her the coaching she's yearned for (and deserves) as we can't help but wonder where she'd be today if she'd had some decent coaching early on.

Don't get me wrong, she loved her time at URI and the Melnicks as much as adopted her, but there was no coaching available for the level she so quickly attained. She was recruited as a decathlete and didn't pick up a pole until her sophomore year. The rest, as they say, is NE and ECAC college history. :D

Coming off back to back NAPVA circuit championships, she's very much looking forward to next year's European tour and has put school on the back burner (both teaching and studying) for next semester.

Regards,

James

PS: At 5'9", Steph is the runt of our litter! ;)
That's my baby girl!!

PVCoach
PV Wannabe

Re: Favorite vault place... Wrightsville Beach Vault!

Unread postby PVCoach » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:13 am

My little girl. 10 yr old Caitlyn, just started vaulting this summer. She's only done it about 3 or 4 times but really likes it. She cleared 5' 4" the first day. I guess that means she has jumped her grade. LOL Not near as high as the older girls jumping there age, but I was impressed. She took to the plant drills so well that she has demonstrated for some for newest vaulters already.

She enjoys it and I just can't wait till she is old enough to compete. We plan on taking her to Earl's with our group in December. I know she'll have a great time.

I guess Jody's, Stephanie's and Caitlyn's parents are all pretty proud of their daughters. Along with all the other vault parents and their daughters. Isn't this a great event for them? To bad it took so long for them to realize it and add it.
Vault High, Vault Safe!

Rusty Shealy

Director/Head Coach

crash
PV Beginner

Unread postby crash » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:09 pm

hey any body going up to BELL's this weekend ? The SWT Vaulters will be there, kinda throws a bone in my thanksgiving plans though, we are leaving friday morning at 8:00am.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:38 pm

crash wrote:hey any body going up to BELL's this weekend ? The SWT Vaulters will be there, kinda throws a bone in my thanksgiving plans though, we are leaving friday morning at 8:00am.

Dave Lemen said he was gonna be out there this weekend :P

lonpvh
PV Pro

Unread postby lonpvh » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:51 pm

I'LL BE THERE!!!! THEN AGAIN, I'M WORKING IT. HA HA, LON

PVCoach
PV Wannabe

Unread postby PVCoach » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:18 am

Lon, we're looking forward to your most excellent tutaledge in a few weeks a EB's.

A few more recent signings for anyone interested, Sara Young (12' 5.5") and Beth Jordan (11' 6") both have signed with Clemson University. Sara is planning on being at EB's with us when we come. Beth's mother said it didn't look to promising for her to make it this year, but we're still hoping she can.
Vault High, Vault Safe!

Rusty Shealy

Director/Head Coach

ctvaulter
PV Beginner

Unread postby ctvaulter » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:07 pm

im off topic but my least favorite is at Yale University. jumping inside, the place gets so hot and dry. The sun ray beams down unto the atheletes making it even more hot and the glare is usually in the eyes at the last 4 steps

Return to “Pole Vault - General”