Music To Jump To

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

ChicksnSticks
PV Newbie

Music To Jump To

Unread postby ChicksnSticks » Thu May 27, 2004 12:30 pm

What are the best vaulting songs out there... ya know... the kind that really get your blood pumpin? And hey, does anyone have a list or know what songs are on the neovault video?
"Wanna Joust?"

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:11 pm

i love sublime, blink182, new found glory, mest, offspring... stuff like that--really anything with a lot of energy. the only problem is now that we have used all of that stuff.. we hear the same stuff everyday... so if anyone has any input... lemme know

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:09 am

They don't let us listen to music or use electronics during competition. It blows. :no:

Vaulter1080
PV Beginner

Unread postby Vaulter1080 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:39 am

I'm a techno & rock boy. So some good Hi-NRG techno/trance gets me goin along with any faster harder rock :)
Current PR - 14' May 20 2004

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

stupid rules

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:33 pm

I cant stand the rules about not letting us listen to music inside the track so freakin annoying, i mean who cares lets get pumped up, if someone has a secret james bond tramsitter in there headphones good for them, they probably suk to the fact that they have to have someone talking to them in the headphones rather than getting signals from there coach and understanding your own vault, but good music to listen to , the newest pump up song J-Kwons hood hop, listen to that if you dont feel like street fighting after that then you have a problem , but a lot of rap , lil john tracks, then some techno and hard hard rock.
Train Harder than your competition

ChicksnSticks
PV Newbie

Unread postby ChicksnSticks » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:59 pm

yeah, I've gotten tired of listening to the same ol' stuff so I've converted to soundtracks... American Pie 2 and knight's Tale are what keep me up and going before a meet... if only neovault had a soundtrack!!!!
"Wanna Joust?"

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:52 pm

i hate that we cant listen to it in comp anymore... we get all riled up to it in practice... only to not get to listen to anything at all at the meets :mad:

tim hutzley
PV Pro

Unread postby tim hutzley » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:25 pm

I dont ever listen to music on the field but on the way to a meet I usually listen to Chevelle, Metallica, Taproot and all that kind of stuff. at the meet the song usually going through my head is poem by taproot.

OkieVaulter813
PV Wannabe

Unread postby OkieVaulter813 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:04 pm

tim hutzley wrote:poem by taproot.

Great Song to pump you up, also Day By Day - Taproot is awesome
Funeral for a friend - Red is the new black
Hot Action Cop - Fever for the Flava
Early November - Something that produces results

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:01 pm

Lax PV wrote:i hate that we cant listen to it in comp anymore... we get all riled up to it in practice... only to not get to listen to anything at all at the meets :mad:

you could stil listen to music with head phones.

RoySloppy
PV Pro

Unread postby RoySloppy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:35 pm

blazerunner121 wrote:
Lax PV wrote:i hate that we cant listen to it in comp anymore... we get all riled up to it in practice... only to not get to listen to anything at all at the meets :mad:

you could stil listen to music with head phones.

umm in college im pretty sure they cant use headphones inside the track, not like high school where at dual meets theyll usually let it slide, but in college im pretty sure you cant
VA for Life!!

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:24 am

RoySloppy wrote:
umm in college im pretty sure they cant use headphones inside the track, not like high school where at dual meets theyll usually let it slide, but in college im pretty sure you cant

y though, its not disturbing anyone else?

Return to “Pole Vault - General”