Chase Shealy 17-7

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed May 05, 2004 8:54 pm

opalkak wrote:you should put a small power supply in the bottom of a small pole, and strap the camera onto the bottom of the pole looking up, that would make a sweet video, if that gets too heavy run a wire from the top all the way down the pole and pick which ever end to put the camera and the power sources on.

If it works, try it in a bigger stick. I'll be the test dummy if you want to come out to AZ and hook it up.
If it normally runs on 110v plug in, how do you convert that to a light weight strap on battery pack? or can you? I'm not smart enough to figure that one out. Probably be easier to just buy some sort of battery powered spycam off the Internet. LOL Probably cost prohibitive though. :crying:

Heck, I got it. Duct tape one of the new video cell phones to your head. Don't they record about 15 seconds. :dazed: LOL Kevin...are you still willing to be the test dummy. LOL
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

opalkak
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.45m

Unread postby opalkak » Wed May 05, 2004 9:33 pm

I always say I'm willing to try everything once, and then again if that doesn't work. I'll have to work on a 110v fuel cell??? maybe it can be my senior design project.
...success is doing what you can do well and doing well whatever you can do

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Thu May 06, 2004 8:10 am

opalkak wrote:I always say I'm willing to try everything once, and then again if that doesn't work. I'll have to work on a 110v fuel cell??? maybe it can be my senior design project.
It needs to be something that will not hurt you if/when you land on it. Good luck with it!
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

zack

Unread postby zack » Thu May 06, 2004 12:33 pm

From the Track and Field News website:
JC Records

JC Records are those ratified by the T&FN Records Committee We consider the collegiate season to end with the JUCO Championships. If a foreign athlete has the best mark, we sub-list the best ever by an American.

Pole Vault....5.49.....18-0.......Dason Phelps (Paradise Valley)......Glendale, Arizona..........3/18/00

jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Crossbar?

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Wed May 19, 2004 6:54 am

How about taping it on the middle of the crossbar looking down? If the bar falls, it is falling on the pit....??? Wires across the crossbar, then run down the standard.... just for a rigged up thing though
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Wed May 19, 2004 12:22 pm

im pretty sure it doesn't run on 110 volts. that would be absurd. just cuz it plugs into the wall, doesn't mean it runs on 110. Especially for something small. If you can send me the info on the camera, im sure i can come up with something.
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed May 19, 2004 12:55 pm

VTechVaulter wrote:im pretty sure it doesn't run on 110 volts. that would be absurd. just cuz it plugs into the wall, doesn't mean it runs on 110. Especially for something small. If you can send me the info on the camera, im sure i can come up with something.
I'd be happy to. Maybe we can perfect it this summer. :idea:

VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Wed May 19, 2004 11:33 pm

for sure. if you can send me the model number and brand of the camera i can start doing research. im pretty bored down here seeing as other than practice, i have nothing to do except work on my car.
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Wireless video camera

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Thu May 20, 2004 8:36 am

VTechVaulter wrote:for sure. if you can send me the model number and brand of the camera i can start doing research. im pretty bored down here seeing as other than practice, i have nothing to do except work on my car.
The camera is small and only weighs a few ounces. Sort of bulky though to mount on a sweat band or helmet, about the size of a baseball. It looks like it can come apart fairly easy to get rid of the bulk but still have the guts to work with.

This is what it says on the back of the camera/transmitter housing:
2.4GHz Wireless Color Camera Model No. XC18a
For use with Model VR31A 2.4 GHz Receiver,and Model XM13A power supply.
Ratings: 12VDC, 80mA max.
FCC ID: B4SXX10A
CAN 16321021724
X10.com, a div. of X10 Wireless Technology, Inc.
1-800-675-3044

Vaulter1080
PV Beginner

Unread postby Vaulter1080 » Thu May 20, 2004 10:33 am

There ay go, 12 volts. Would prolly even work on a regular 9V for enough time to get some video. Most things like that have voltage regulators so a 9v might work, just not for a long time. But even if that doesn't work, 2 9v and a voltage regulator circuit (would have the same weight of about 3-4 9v batteries) and you could wire it in past the cameras 110AC - 12DC conversion circuit, and maybe even take that out for less bulk and weight. Seems like vtech would know how to do this as well.
Current PR - 14' May 20 2004

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Thu May 20, 2004 10:42 am

Vaulter1080 wrote:There ay go, 12 volts. Would prolly even work on a regular 9V for enough time to get some video. Most things like that have voltage regulators so a 9v might work, just not for a long time. But even if that doesn't work, 2 9v and a voltage regulator circuit (would have the same weight of about 3-4 9v batteries) and you could wire it in past the cameras 110AC - 12DC conversion circuit, and maybe even take that out for less bulk and weight. Seems like vtech would know how to do this as well.
:dazed: College education, aint it grand! :yes:
This may be beyond me. I may wait for VTech to come down. If I pull it apart I'll screw it up for sure. LOL In the meantime though, it's facinating enough and I am curious enough that I may risk it. Thanks! :D

Vaulter1080
PV Beginner

Unread postby Vaulter1080 » Thu May 20, 2004 9:46 pm

What college education. Heh on the way home from states I was talking to my dad about how I have no idea what it looks like to vault from a vaulters view cuz from plant to extension, my eyes tend to close. He has this palm sized digital camcorder, not that great of quality, but we're planning on making a little bracket to screw it right to the side of the shell of my helmet and take some jumps like that. When it happens I'll be sure to post some video. (kinda coincidental :-D)
Current PR - 14' May 20 2004

Return to “Pole Vault - College”