5. Ben Clark  Paso Robles 14' 1 " ***
6. Janes (Yao Ming) Nunno Templeton 14' 1 " ***
7. Nick Downs Atascadero 14' 1 **

** HS
*** JC

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:32 pm

congrats chase!!! thats awesome!! Nice to see you finally put up the bar you deserve
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Sat May 01, 2004 11:15 pm

Way to go Chase, I bet there's a proud dad in Carolina tonight.
compete and jump safe, have fun

rickkane
PV Beginner

Unread postby rickkane » Sun May 02, 2004 8:40 pm

they glew the bars on and tie them down with bunjees at a town high, just playen, word he still needs some work on his surfen though.
all i need is a cool buzz and some tastey waves

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed May 05, 2004 9:56 am

belmore wrote:Way to go Chase, I bet there's a proud dad in Carolina tonight.

Brian, You'll get a kick out of this. A few days after his 17' 7" jump, Saturday at his qualifier, they had him jump at 14' 6" which he smoked by a mile. Then the officials wanted to shut him down, I guess since they filled the spots and it was a qualifier. Chase and Jan asked if he could continue since he is "Chasing", pun intended, the National Juco Record which I heard is 18ft. They let him jump, but made him go straight to the record height, so he went from 14' 6" to 18' 1" :dazed: . He was jumped on the biggest pole he has ever been on, a 16' 16.0 flex (about 195 to 200lbs). I think it's one of Dean Starkey's old poles. He said his 160lb self got some incredible blow off the top. He said it was a great feeling to be looking down, straight down the pole, flying away from it and see the pole rattling around in the box below him. Pretty cool huh? Oh, he didn't make the bar though. But it'll come soon enough. He's hoping before his birthday to make it 4 yrs in a row of jumping his age. This weekend is his last chance for 18ft at 18yrs. :yes:

The pole rattling around in the box beneath me... that's something I've never seen, and never will unless we put a "Vaultcam" on his head. LOL Hummmm, now that's a neat idea. ;)
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

batvaulter
PV Fan

Unread postby batvaulter » Wed May 05, 2004 10:15 am

yeah i talk to chase last nite and he was pretty hyped up about it !
batman

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Wed May 05, 2004 2:32 pm

Ouch....whats really gonna make him mad if he gets 18'1 is that the record is actually 18'2 set by Dason Phelps from paradise valley community college. Dason trains at Sky Athletics along with Hysong, Dragila and many other great eliete Pole Vaulters.
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed May 05, 2004 3:19 pm

Azbeachboy1 wrote:Ouch....whats really gonna make him mad if he gets 18'1 is that the record is actually 18'2 set by Dason Phelps from paradise valley community college. Dason trains at Sky Athletics along with Hysong, Dragila and many other great eliete Pole Vaulters.
COOL! That's good info to pass on. Thanks!
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Wed May 05, 2004 5:53 pm

I like that, when you see the pole rattling in the box. I see that. I like the noise alot to... duh dunggg. That helmet cam/ head cam is a cool idea that is possible i tohuight of something like that before but the cameras are expensive.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Wed May 05, 2004 6:07 pm

Actually, i believe it's 18' 2" and a quarter i want to say....remember dason saying something about people always dropping the "change", lol...every quarter inch counts...i'd try to look it up thoug, pretty sure there is some change after that 18' 2".[/quote]
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

-Stephen King

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed May 05, 2004 6:09 pm

OAKPV2004 wrote:I like that, when you see the pole rattling in the box. I see that. I like the noise alot to... duh dunggg. That helmet cam/ head cam is a cool idea that is possible i tohuight of something like that before but the cameras are expensive.
I bought a small wireless camera a few years back to do it. When we opened it up it still required being wired to power. The wireless meant you could hook the other piece up to a recorder or your TV and it would receive the signal. Bummer, I thought we had an inexpensive and lightweight way to get some really cool video.

opalkak
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.45m

Unread postby opalkak » Wed May 05, 2004 7:11 pm

you should put a small power supply in the bottom of a small pole, and strap the camera onto the bottom of the pole looking up, that would make a sweet video, if that gets too heavy run a wire from the top all the way down the pole and pick which ever end to put the camera and the power sources on.

If it works, try it in a bigger stick. I'll be the test dummy if you want to come out to AZ and hook it up.
...success is doing what you can do well and doing well whatever you can do

Return to “Pole Vault - College”