Pyramid sets

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Pyramid sets

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:49 am

ILPV wrote:So guys I need your advice
I stuck with my original training routine and now I'm at 145 when I use to be at 140 (I'm about 5"11 6 feet tall btw)
What i'm thinking about though is that the poles I have are only a 13 and 13'6 both 145 skypoles and these are the only poles I'll have for my Indoor season
So I really want to change my lifting split because I don't want to get any heavier right now
But I really have no idea what split I should use so I was wondering if I could help a tip or nod in the right direction

Beg/borrow/buy bigger poles, you're going to both keep growing and keep improving your technique. You could stop lifting altogether and still need bigger poles because you become a better vaulter. If you're almost 6' tall, 145 is pretty light, I bet as part of puberty you're going to put on more muscle anyway, unless you come from a family of twigs.

Also, weight gain has as much to do with eating than what you are doing in the weight room. Body builders are fanatical about what they eat, because you can't gain muscle mass like they do unless you're eating a certain way. Eating to try and lose weight will probably be detrimental to you at this stage of development.

Talk to Coach Shealy about what poles he thinks you'll need this year.

ILPV
PV Newbie
Expertise: High school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11 feet
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Steven Hooker

Re: Pyramid sets

Unread postby ILPV » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:19 pm

thanks for the advice
:) i liked the beg option too for new poles btw

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”