Pole labels at NIN and NSIC

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Vaultref
PV Pro
Expertise: Master USATF official .. Vertical jumps specialty
Lifetime Best: zero feet

Re: Pole labels at NIN and NSIC

Unread postby Vaultref » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm not sure of when the Armory will open the floor to the athletes, but I did see that the first of the running events will be starting at 11am.
The vault officials plan on being there by 10am, for pit set up and installation of a new top cover. I would guess that we could open the runway at least 1.5 hours before the event start. Warm-up space is quite limited once the running and other field events (like the high jumps) begin. So be aware.

I pulled this off the web site... maybe you have seen it maybe not.

Pole Vault Automatic Advancement to Final: All girls that have previously jumped 12'6” and boys that have previously jumped 15'6” can automatically advance to the pole vault final. An additional twelve pole vaulters will qualify for the finals from the trials the previous day. Starting Heights: Starting heights are 10' and 13’00.25 for the pole vault. Height progression will be announced by the event’s chief official at the start of the competition. He/she also has the right to change the opening heights if for any reason he/she believes it to be in the best interest of the competition.

Due to the large number of entries, the trial for the girls' pole vault will be contested in two different groups. Group A, which will include approximately35 entries, will compete at 1pm on Friday. Group B, which will include the pole vaulters that qualified for the meet with the highest performances, will jump at 4:00 PM on F

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”