Isi updates ...

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
golfdane
PV Pro

Re: Isi updates ...

Unread postby golfdane » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:41 am

"Isinbaeva däckad i influensa

Till presskonferensen inför galan fick stavhoppsstjärnan Alhaji Jeng lämna återbud på grund av en ögoninfektion och galan fick några dagar innan tävlingsdags ett tungt återbud från osguld-stavhopperskan Yelena Isinbaeva, som drabbats av influensa med kräkningar och hög feber.

– Hon har tappat mycket vätska och behöver ordentligt med tid innan träning eller tävling kan bli aktuellt, säger hennes tränare Vitaly Petrov. För elitidrottare är den stora utmaningen så här års att hålla sig friska. Inga intervjuer medgavs utanför SAS Radissons Hotel i Malmö där det nu blåser friska vindar."

Isinbayeva down by flu

At the press conference prior to the meet (http://www.malmoindoorgala.se/) was pole vault star, Alhaji Jeng, forced to resign from competing, due to an eye infection (probably aquired when he hit the crossbar at Göteborg, Samsung Galan), and 2 days prior, was Olympic Gold medalist, Yelena Isinbayeva, forced to resign because of flu with vomitting and fever.

-She has lost a lot of fluid and needs plenty of time before training and competition is possible, says her coach Vitaly Petrov. For elite athletes, the big challenge this time of the year, is to stay fresh. No interviews were given outside of SAS Radisson Hotel in Malmö, where fresh winds blows.

slvr1969
PV Whiz
Favorite Vaulter: Yelena Isinbayeva

Unread postby slvr1969 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:17 pm

thanks golfdane

golfdane
PV Pro

Unread postby golfdane » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:04 pm

You're welcome :D
Easy as pie when you have watched EVERY swedish children's television show ever made (danish television sucked in the 70'ties) :)

Just watched Fabiana Murer vault 4.65m in the event Isi was forced to resign from. Competition not over yet. 5 women over 4.60, I think.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Just watched Fabiana Murer vault 4.70m it is sad isi........

golfdane
PV Pro

Unread postby golfdane » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah, very nice competition!!

Spiegelburg looked razor sharp and lean. To bad, that swedish TV4 decided only to have a one hour coverage. I missed the 4.70 by Murer and the 4.65 by Spiegelburg.
Murer won. Now attempting 4.73.......

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Last edited by slvr1969 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:02 pm

There is a great Isinbayeva article in the latest issue of Track and Field News.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:10 am

Last edited by slvr1969 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:59 am

Last edited by slvr1969 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:35 am

slvr1969 wrote:http://www.rusathletics.com/nov/nov.php?ind=3331
can anyone please translate babel and google gives crappy translation no eng. ver on site

Sorry, I'm afraid I've been falling down on the job. :o
Yelena Isinbaeva now has a new hobby!

The site Rusathletics.com begins publishing a series of interviews with the double Olympic champion and multiple world record holder in the women’s pole vault, Yelena Isinbaeva.

Lena, how did you celebrate the New Year?

I met the New Year with a circle of close friends and relatives. I was happy to spend it with family, especially with my nephew Vanyushka. I don’t get to see him as often as I’d like. He is still very small, but growing rapidly. At the moment he really likes stuffed toy rabbits, so on New Year's Eve I gave him a bunny. He was very happy!

Where are you training now, and how do you feel?

I feel great, ready for combat. Now I’m training in Formia (Italy). Weather here so far hasn’t been very good. It’s damp, pouring rain almost every day. When there’s no rain, then it’s nice outside, about 20 degrees Celsius. All is in order for Vitaly Afanasevich (Petrov) as well, and like me, he is looking forward to the competitions. We have excellent relations. I train with him alone. However, sometimes vaulters and coaches come for consultation. Last year it was Dima Starodubtsev with his coach. I hope they enjoyed it.

Other than Vitaly Petrov, who helps you to prepare?

First of all, All-Russian Athletic Federation and particularly our president, Valentin Balakhnichev. This is both financial and moral support, and the ability to quietly train on my own schedule. I’d also like to express my gratitude to the Volgograd SVSM and SK ZDV.

Where do you plan to compete this winter?

We plan to make three starts. First - in Donetsk on 15 February at the Tournament «Zepter-Pole Stars». The second in Birmingham on 21 February and the final in Prague on 26 February. Thank you to all my fans for their support and kind wishes! Keep fists for me in the coming season! [Keep your fingers crossed… – BF]

How do you reward yourself after training?

After heavy training I permit myself to have plenty of chocolate, and for breakfast – a croissant with cream. Very tasty! I’d have liked to buy myself some beautiful clothes, especially since there were sales at this time, but it takes two hours to get to Rome, and I simply couldn’t afford to disrupt my training regime.

Have you learned to prepare anything Italian?

Yes, of course. Now I can treat friends to risotto with mushrooms and “Delicate” salad. Incidentally, I invented the name of my salad myself. The recipe is very simple: avocado, shrimp, lime juice, tomato, onion, salt, olive oil and parsley. Try it, you’ll lick your fingers! [Some of these figurative expressions are awfully difficult to make sound natural in English :) – BF]

You prepare Italian dishes, but do you speak Italian?

I do and much better than before. I am generally interested in learning. Late last year I was admitted to the graduate program in the MGU [Moscow State University – BF] faculty of Arts. And I continue my postgraduate study in the Volgograd Academy of Physical Culture.

An interesting choice of faculty at MGU. On what is it based?

I have a new hobby - photography. In my spare time I love to photograph nature, especially sunsets. It’s also interesting shoot people’s faces. So far not much has come of it, but I hope that in time I will be able to convey the entire beauty of my surroundings in photographs.

Interview prepared by Alla Glushchenko

Regarding my poor performance of late… I’ve always said that my credentials for being Isi’s (un)official English language perevodchik rest on two things: ownership of a good Russian-English dictionary, and the complete lack of a personal life. However, the second of these qualifications is beginning to be undermined a bit. Through no fault of her own, Lena has fallen to #2 on my list of favorite Rossiyankas, as I’ve been exchanging letters and phone calls with a woman in Moscow who is a bit more appropriate for my age and socio-economic standing. This has cut into my time (and frankly my motivation) for a number of other things. So at some point it may be necessary for some other Isi-fans to step forward and buy a good dictionary. ;)

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:58 pm

http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=49333.html

Isinbayeva debuts with 5.00m World Record in Donetsk!

Donetsk, Ukraine - In her 2009 debut, Yelena Isinbayeva raised her own World record indoors twice at the Pole Vault Stars meeting in Donetsk, Ukraine, first to 4.97* and again to 5.00m*.

With her second attempt success, the 26-year-old Russian became the first woman to sail over 5.00m indoors. This was the sixth consecutive year that Isinbayeva, last year's World Athlete of the Year, has broken the World record indoors in Donetsk.

Lynxyara
PV Beginner

Unread postby Lynxyara » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 am

Birmingham Grand Prix (21 february 2009)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNew ... 5C20090222

"Russian pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva enjoyed an easy victory at the Birmingham Grand Prix with a clearance at 4.82 metres Saturday." She failed to break the indoor world record of 5.00m.

http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=256199&cid=8

Russian Athletics Federation said that Isinbayeva injured her leg during warming-up and wanted to deny from competition. But her coach persuaded Isinbayeva to participate. She jumped but cant break her indoor world record. Isinbayeva hope she will be cured before her participation in Praga competition (26 february).

Return to “Pole Vault - International”