Discussion of NBC Olympic Coverage (or lack thereof)

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
gfilosa
PV Wannabe
Expertise: High School Coach

Re: Discussion of NBC Olympic Coverage (or lack thereof)

Unread postby gfilosa » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:26 am

Women's Finals are supposed to be at 7:20pm local time in Beijing, I think that is 7:20am EST. Monday's morning coverage makes no mention of the pole vault and it does not look like NBC will have live coverage, but I did notice that it is listed in the events covered for the 8-9 program on NBC.

I think one of the main reasons track and field is not getting live coverage and swimming did, is that swimming arranged their schedule to accomodate the US viewership. Most of the medal events were held 10-12pm EST which is 10-12am Beijing time.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Discussion of NBC Olympic Coverage (or lack thereof)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:08 am

gfilosa wrote:I think one of the main reasons track and field is not getting live coverage and swimming did, is that swimming arranged their schedule to accomodate the US viewership. Most of the medal events were held 10-12pm EST which is 10-12am Beijing time.

NBC arranged for the swimming events to be covered in prime time. It wasn't an issue of swimming being more accommodating than track. The decision was made months ago not to cover the track and field events live.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”