Isi updates ...

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 am

Just in case there's anyone using this thread as their one-stop source of Isi info... I've posted my translation of the first of her post-Rome Russian interviews in the (other) Golden Gala thread: http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... 388#112388

I'm reasonably optimistic that there'll be more over the next few days.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Re: Isi updates ...

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:18 pm

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere. At least I hadn't seen it prior to today. Here's a video promo for the Olympics with several reasonably famous folk, including Isi of course: http://www.youtube.com/v/gQsrV1g_q5A

slvr1969
PV Whiz
Favorite Vaulter: Yelena Isinbayeva

Unread postby slvr1969 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Yelena Isinbaeva - ROME Golden Gala - 11/07/2008 -4.70m - 5.03m
24min Higher Resolution Video @

http://yelenai.bravehost.com/Video

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 am

Yelena @ DN GALAN - 2008 - 4.70 - 4.95XXX divx Video

or YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCREAIuM4Ig

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:46 am

Yelena Isinbaeva - 4.74 - London 25-07-2008

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:13 pm

Yelena Isinbaeva - 4.74 - 5.04 xxx London 25-07-2008

You tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQbyC6GkkOw

Higher Resolution @
yelenai.bravehost.com/Video

Lynxyara
PV Beginner

Unread postby Lynxyara » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 pm

It is old interview of Elena Isinbayeva to our tv-channel Sport. (30 december 2007 year). But I think it will be interesting for non-russian peoples. Italics from me.

G: Good afternoon, my dear friends. I am Dmitry Guberniev, it is show “Russian Team” and our guest is olimpic, world and europe champion, world record holder Elena Isinbayeva. Hello, Lena. You changed your image? (Guberniev said it about her short hairs).

Isi: Hello. Yes, I changed my image. My plait was so heavy, so when I start running about, my head was shaked from side to side. And I decided to change something.

G: Is it your reason you did not many world records in this 2007 year?

Isi: Yes. It was a reason. One of many. Plait interfere with.

G: Is it mean 2008 year will be the year of Glamour for you?

Isi: I don’t know. In the first place it will be Olympic year, very meaningful and responsible year. Glamour will be after.

G: What you think about 2008 year. I mean horoscope, chinese calendar, etc…

Isi: It will be year of Pig? Oh, no. This year is year of Pig. No, I don’t know.

G: Year of Rat.

Isi: Yea? But dog will eat rat. All will be ok. (Isinbayeva was born at year of Dog)

G: But if dog will give way to rat…

Isi: It will not give.

G: Its very good when… (take glass box with rat out of table)

Isi: (screaming) Oh, no !

G: Elena, We were preparing to show…

Isi: Is it really rat? Oh, no. It is mouse, little mouse. (Isinbayeva is wrong, it is real little rat).

G: It is alive.

Isi: It is not rat. Nice mouse…

G: Can you…

Isi: Take into hands?

G: Yes.

Isi: Of course. Can you put it into my hands?

G: (trying to reach rat from glass box) You know, it is trap for showman. What if it will bite me? And my hand too big. I cant reach it. Lets you do it.

Isi: (trying to reach rat from glass box) Oh, my god! One must be brave to take it into hands. (successfully reaches rat).

G: As alive…

Isi: (holding rat in hands) It is here. I never hold rat before. But it is so small. It is definitelly baby. (puts rat into glass box)

G: Look at this. (reading horoscope). 2008 year will be stable year, it will bring gradual growth for many spheres of activity. What`s about gradual growth? Or do your prefer all at once?

Isi: No. I prefer gradual growth. Step by step.

G: It mean you will be adding centimetre by centimetre to world record.

Isi: Yes. Sure.

G: Why? Because bigger money?

Isi: No. It is better for our event - polevault. Because, as I said it for many interviews, many organisators want to organize polevault. Because with help of polevault we can say about athletics at whole. When I do world record – it is world sensation. Even if somewhere nobody know athletics, people begin to know. But if I jump all I can at once – all will end. And my career will end, and polevault will end, all will stop, as man`s polevault stopped. This is my main reason.

G: Rightly. Look at this (reading horoscope). 2008 year is year of well-earned success, year when dreams become a reality. What do you think?

Isi: Oh. Maybe I will get married? (laughing) It is joke.

G: The Olympic Games come in and come out, but marriage for whole life.

Isi: Yes. I want reach this. Marriage for whole life.

G: Do you have somebody for marriage?

Isi: (smiling, keeps silent)

G: I feel brilliance of eyes of Elena Isinbayeva. I saw this eyes before and understand that she have somebody. Lena, please, tell us about your boyfriend, few words…

Isi: What can I tell?

G: About his beauty, about you fall in love with him, about you want dare baby for him.

Isi: I cant tell any special about, because… Ok, I have boyfriend, he is nice, tall, athletic-looking. I am happy.

G: I remember, after Athens Olympics, when I asked you “what part of man do you watch first of all?”, you answer “tooth”. As I understand, his tooth are ok?

Isi: (laughing) Yes.

G: Ok. 2008 year is olympic year. Do you know something about Beijing Olympics? Whats talismans?

Isi: Yes. There five little man. “Fire” as… (showing) fire…

G: I don’t know so much as Elena Isinbayeva. I will read. (reading) Five happy dolls, dolls-talismans. They are: fish bay-bay, panda zin-zin, olympics fire huan-huan, tibet antelope in-in, swallow ni-ni.

Isi: I knew only fire. I knew that they are five. But I knew name of fire only.

(they watch olympics trailer).

G: They are five as five olympics rings. Their names conclude chinese phrase “Beijing welcomes you”… Huan-huan will fire now.

Isi: Yes, yes. I knew this little man.

G: Who is most beautyful?

Isi: I like fire most of all.

G: Of course, he is first, bright. Whats about fish? It is beautiful too.

Isi: As gold fish…

G: It is gold fish. What other fish can be at olympics? I want to catch it, ask desire and release it.

Isi: But it is not like a real fish.

G: It is chinese fish… It is antelope. The most goldish. It leads herd of antilope. It is tibet antilope. So many talismans… It is easy to be tangling with. What talisman do you like?

Isi: I like fire.

G: I like antilope.

Isi: I like fire, because my favourite color is red.

G: Whats about panda? Nice panda.

Isi: Yes. It is kind, nice panda. It is better for calm people.

G: Their aim to participate, not to win.

Isi: Yes.

G: Ok. Whats about swallow? It will bring good news about russians olympic wins. It is here. Very beautiful

Isi: Yes. I choose fire and swallow.

(The End of olympics trailer)

G: When did you dream Athens Olympics last time? Did you dream Athens Olympics ever?

Isi: Never. But I remember it very good. As if it was yesterday. I remember all. I don’t know how it will be at Beijing. But I want to feel those sensations.

G: 2007 year. What is most important in your sports life and private life?

Isi: From sports life it is jackpot. Half of jackpot…

G: Lots of money from Golden League.

Isi: Yes. Year was very…

G: Wealthy?

Isi: (laughing) Yes. This year I won all events I participate. It is first time in my life. I never lose this year. It is from sports life. Of course world championship, world record at Donetsk. From private life, of course, the birth of my nephew. Sister give birth to him 4 months ago. Name is Vanyushka. It is the most unforgettable moment for me.

G: You felt yourself as aunt Lena.

Isi: Yes, aunt Lena. You know, I said my sister Inna: you will not teach Vanyuska to call me aunt. I don’t want to be so old. But when I came: “Hello, Vanyuska. Do you remember your aunt?”

G: And Vanechka answers…

Isi: (laughing) “Au-u-u, au-u-u”. It means: “Yes”.

G: I know that Vanyushka watched aunt Lena at Osaka by tv.

Isi: Yes. Sister says they watched championship. And Vanyuska watched tv. He watches but understand nothing. But when I came he instantly recognize me. He didn’t cry. He asked to my hands.

(showing tv-clip of Isinbayeva`s jump at Osaka)

G: Do you remember this picture?

Isi: Yes. This is my twin with plait.

G: Earlier it was not bad (Guberniev says about Isinbayeva`s hairs). I don’t mean it is bad now, it is fine now. But I miss your old image. Maybe it is because we don’t see your jumps with new image.

Isi: Maybe.

G: Do you remember what attempt is it?

Isi: Yes. I can determine this. I think it is second attempt for 4m 80cm.

G: Right…(watching run of Isinbayeva) As from movie: “beautifully running”. And reasonable question from fans: why so little? Where is jump over 5 metres?

Isi: It will come.

G: It will come undoubtedly. I think 6 metres will come in your case, I believe it. Did championship was hard?

Isi: Yes. Psychologically. I felt myself as I first time participate. I don’t know why. I felt fear, strong emotions.

G: Lena, sorry. What were you showing? Painting? Version of kiss? (Guberniev says about Isinbayeva gesture from tv-clip: she kisses her index-finger and swings it in front of tv camera).

Isi: It is version of kiss to first place. Index-finger is number “ONE”. I kiss it. All is super. It is a feature. Every sportsman must have something special. Anyone must guess sportsman when see his gesture.

G: It is your idea?

G: Is it difficult to be superstar?

Isi: (laughing) I didn’t know I am superstar. I feel myself as ordinary human.

G: I don’t trust you…

Isi: Absolutely. Trust me.

G: Ok.

Isi: Yes. I don’t feel myself as superstar. I live very easily, peacefully.

G: Why easily? Can you walk Monte-Carlo or Volgograd and nobody recognize you?

Isi: In Monte-Carlo, yes I can. There are very many stars. And if star walks there nobody react. Volgograd is vice versa. I am more recognizable there. When I walk 99% peoples recognizes me. But it not interfere with me. I can let to photograph me, can give autograph.

G: Volgograd is your homeland. At Monte-Carlo you are resident. Is it true?

G: Where more easy? Where is your choice?

Isi: It is difficult to say. Volgograd is my home, my family, my parents, my sister. My former life. At Monte-Carlo I am happy too. There is world where nobody knows me, I can be myself, calmly walk, calmly training. There are not so big attention as here in Russia. But sometimes I am boring at Monte-Carlo.

G: But if you are boring sometimes, maybe get yourself a pet?

Isi: Pet is luxury. I cant look after it. I travelling very much. I live only 3 months at one place. I cant take pet with me. Once I had this idea, but resist it. I pity pet.

G: What pet did u want?

Isi: Cat.

G: What breed?

Isi: Any. Even homeless. I love cats

G: What cats?

Isi: All, except Siamese. They are very angry.

G: It is dangerously to love cat when year of Rat is coming.

Isi: (laughing) I love rats too.

G: (reading horoscope)… “Many Dogs will wake up at second part of year. It is good time to begin creative deals”. As I understand it will be after Olympics.

Isi: Yes. It is definitely dog`s year.

G: Maybe when you will complete your career you will get yourself army of cats?

Isi: Better I get myself army of children.

G: Do you want many children?

Isi: (laughing) Yes. I want to be mother-hero. (mother-hero is title for women with many children in Russia).

G: To get medal…

Isi: (laughing) Yes. I love children very much.

G: When did you realize this? When your nephew was born?

Isi: No. I love children from…

G: From childhood…

Isi: (laughing) From childhood. From youth. I like to play with them. When I was young I play with younger children. When I grew up my mothers instinct...

G: Is waking up…

Isi: It woke up long ago. But I haven`t possibility. Or I have possibility, but haven`t right. (laughing) My aim is sport now.

G: I want back to talk about pets. Ok with cats. But I remember you love dolphins at one time.

Isi: I love them now too. But it is another thing. I love dolphins very much.

G: Less than cats?

Isi: More than cats.

G: Well, well! You are so fickle, Elena Isinbayeva. You loved cats one minute ago. Dolphins compete with cats?

Isi: (laughing) No. Dolphins don’t compete with cats. They are different. Cats are pets I can have at home. Dolphins are animals I cant have at home. I simply love them. I can make equal them: cats and dolphins. But they are different animals and I have different love for them. I love dolphins even more than children. They are so defenceless, kind…

G: Clever…

Isi: Yes. I think sometimes they understand me.

(showing tv-clip from personal video archive of Elena Isinbayeva: Large-scale aquarium. Isinbayeva swims among dolphins.)

G: Elena, many russian people visit sauna every 31 december. What`s about you?

Isi: I go home. Arrive from somewhere and go home.

G: "Home" is Monte-Carlo or Volgograd?

Isi: Volgograd. Usually from Monte-Carlo to Volgograd. Last year I almost celebrate the New Year at airport. It was fog at Volgograd and planes cant fly. But all was ok. I arrived Volgograd at the right moment.

G: But if you didn`t arrive at the right moment, it was bad sign for you?

Isi: Yes. For me the New Year is family holiday. And I must celebrate it with family.

G: To make salad yourself…

Isi: No, no. Living abroad I find out many our dishs are bad for our health. Our salad “Olivie” is murder.

G: Oh. Our peoples are watching now and saying:”Lena became not our girl”.

Isi: (laughing) I like our dish too, but I more carefully disposed to it.

G: When sportsman is professional in food – it is very good. What about champagne, vine, vodka?

Isi: A little champagne when chime will ring. To make a wish. (it is tradition of Russians) But I am very negative to alcohol. Nobody must drink it.

G: It is wonderful. When sportsman popularize these things – it is very good.

Isi: You know, it is very painfully to see when young children smoke and drink beer. As knife to heart. Our nation must be healthy.

G: Ok. Lena, what peoples have to do to catch luck?

Isi: Work. Not work – not luck. Strong man – lucky man.

G: Lena, we don’t give you our alive rat. But we will give you mouse toy. Take it (gives her toy) You are source of inspiration for our studio and russian peoples. Be happy. Thank you.

Isi: Thank you.

As you see my english is not my native language. Sorry if something sounds erroneus for english-spoken peoples.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Thank you.

gymnastsrock
PV Master
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11'
Favorite Vaulter: too hard!

Unread postby gymnastsrock » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes, thank you. It was nice to read.
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. Lao Tzu

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:12 am

Yes, thank you very much! I'd seen the video of this interview, but I really don't understand spoken Russian well enough to follow the conversation. Good stuff. :D

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 pm

YELENA ISINBAEVA - 5.04m - WORLD RECORD - MONACO - 2008
YOUTUBE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DKMzhJ856_E

YELENA ISINBAEVA - 5.04m - WORLD RECORD - MONACO - 2008 - MPG - VIDEO
@

13min Video of Monaco 2008
4.71 -5.04 YELENA ISINBAEVA - WORLD RECORD MONACO - 2008 -FLV - VIDEO

Last edited by slvr1969 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Российский In Style

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:13 am

slvr1969 wrote:I hope her modelling :D career is not interfering with her work :D

Your comment came immediately to mind when I saw this...

Yelena Isinbaeva runs the show

InStyle.ru [02].jpg
InStyle.ru [02].jpg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 5243 times

The fact that very little time is left before the Olympic Games is felt everywhere. Even the glossy magazines publish one photo after another in some way connected with sports. In Harper's Bazaar, Lucy Liu uses accessories as sports apparatus; in W Magazine, Christy Turlington evokes the events of Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. And on the August cover of Russian In Style is one of the most famous Russian athletes – Yelena Isinbaeva.

In an interview with InStyle Yelena admitted that she was once modest and shy, but since then everything has changed:

"Cosmetics didn't exist for me until I was 18. But now I like colerful sexy apparel: you put on such things and immediately feel confident and beautiful."

InStyle.ru [01].jpg
InStyle.ru [01].jpg (55.35 KiB) Viewed 5242 times

in Versace

"I like to be photographed, to pose and play to the camera. I love to watch coverage of fashion shows and see how the professional models work, and then copy their movements and poses at the photo sessions."

InStyle.ru [03a].jpg
InStyle.ru [03a].jpg (54.13 KiB) Viewed 5235 times

in Issa

"At competitions, I always wear makeup and do my hair - even while competing, I want to be attractive."

http://spletnik.ru/img/2008/07/mine/isinbaeva3.jpg (New software won't allow more than 3 attachments - BF)
in Erin Fetherston

"I enjoy changing myself and changing my life. Maybe I'd like to do fashion - for example, to do a line of clothing for some sports brand. Or to release a perfume - I have even imagined this scent: not a light flower, but rich, bold and sexual – for strong self-confident girls. But maybe I'll decide to go into television, or give movies a try. I know one thing for sure: whatever I do, I cannot be mediocre. When I undertake anything, I must run the show. "

Given that this was said by the Olympic pole vault champion, and four time world champion, who has set 21 world records in her 26 years, we have no doubts.

Yelena Mikerina, 20:28 24.07.08

Source: InStyle Russia
photo: Erez Sabag / InStyle Russia
column: Star Style
Tags: Fashion, Our stars, Sports

Oh oh oh!!! If she markets a perfume, I've got the perfect name for it: Isinfatuation :D

Edit: BTW, if anybody is wondering what a "Spletnik" is... it's someone who gossips. O:-)

Return to “Pole Vault - International”