a list of running workouts

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
bulldogvaulter
PV Wannabe
Expertise: high school vaulter

a list of running workouts

Unread postby bulldogvaulter » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:49 pm

Ok, I have read every comment under running workouts but none of them actually tell u what to run. They all say do some of these and do some this. does Anyone out there have a detailed website or can type it up. I am talking about like Mon. threw Sat. and what to do on each day sets how far the real deal cause nothing I have read really tells me so if anyone can help me out it would be helpful.

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:15 pm

Are you in high school? Do you have a coach? Most of the posts here are aimed toward coaching philosophy and training philosophy. They give ideas and leave the actual training schedule for coaches to decide. A training schedule wont do much if the coach is not there to monitor and talk about issues and adjust the schedule to match the needs of the athlete. Its not really generic.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

ACvault
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby ACvault » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:47 pm

I found myself in the same situation when deciding what to do this summer.

First, decide what you are aiming for (strength, speed, etc.)

Plan workouts that are specific to your goals. If you are looking for raw speed plan on running shorter distance at high intensity. If you are looking for strength. plan on longer distance at a medium intensity and also throw in some hill work. I am currently working on both as I am preparing to tryout for my college team in the fall. I have two short speed days during the week and two strength oriented days with recovery/vaulting in between.

Make sure that you give yourself rest days in between that can involve some type of active recovery, such as cross training (swimming, biking, rock climbing).

I would also suggest in order to avoid injury don't spend every single day on the track. If you would like further information or any advice feel free to pm me.

baggettpv
PV Master

Training...

Unread postby baggettpv » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 pm

I have basic training program in the blogs of myspace.com/baggettpv

Check it out.

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC
Good coaching is good teaching.

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”