IHSA State Track Meet Biggest F*** Up EVER!!!

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Thu May 29, 2008 2:30 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:Adversity is part of life. You're going through a lot of it right now, and it totally sucks, but you have to learn how to channel that energy in a positive way. Use it to help you jump higher. Saying negative things about others isn't going to help at this point.

...arguably the best thing that has ever been posted on PVP.

It sucks, and although I don't personally know you at all, I really feel for you with the ISHA and OU situations. Adversity is going to happen at the NCAA level, USATF level, and more importantly every other aspect of your life. Regardless, congrats on your second place finish during a competition with less than desired conditions. Hats off to all those who competed.

Mitch
PV Fan

Unread postby Mitch » Thu May 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Ok thanks Becca I will keep all of that in mind. I am done with it now plus I need to focus on my meets the rest of June. You can lock it if you want. Oh and to answer somebodies question about the whole high school to college peg thing, I would totally be in favor of a universal peg length which would just take out one more variable from high school to every other type of level.

Thanks everybody for your support and good job to all the jumpers at the state meet. Oh and thanks to all the officials because they are doing it for free after all.

B-town pvc
PV Newbie

Unread postby B-town pvc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Yea Mitch..... I have a video and a picture that may prove the standards were wrong only part of the time..... Im jumping at 14 9....my pole is 14 6....the box is 8 inches .....and the top of my pole therefore would be at 13 10......and it is.....I dont know when and why the messed up but they know they did.....I did also have 4 jumps at 15 feet because my first jump they forgot to raise the bar......why didnt they measure it then? My coach sent pictures and video to the head official and still hasnt got a reply a month later........he wants to know because thats our school record.....14 6 isnt.....oo and my teammate Sam had consistently been jumping at 14 3....and in finals that had him at 13 6? .....i dont understand why they dropped his final mark from 14 to 13 6 and mine from 14 9 to 14 6....idiots

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”