Isi updates ...

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
slvr1969
PV Whiz
Favorite Vaulter: Yelena Isinbayeva

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 am

I hope her modelling :) career is not interfering with her work :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d64a ... 945d3210d4
Last edited by slvr1969 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Isi's 2008 summer schedule

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed May 07, 2008 1:20 am

Posted today on AllSport.ru...
09:16 06.05.2008 – Athletics
Yelena Isinbaeva will appear at four tournaments before the Olympic Games
The Olympic Games champion, World and European record holder in the women’s pole vault, Yelena Isinbaeva, will appear at four commercial starts before the Olympic Games in Beijing, which start on August 8. Yelena Isinbaeva’s coach, the legendary Vitaly Petrov, stated this to Agency of Sports Information "All Sport".

“We’ll open the Olympic season on July 11th at the Golden League stage in Rome,” said Vitaly Petrov. “Then we’ll appear on July 22nd at the IAAF Super Grand Prix DN Galan in Stockholm, on the 26th at the Aviva Grand Prix in London and on the 29th at the Herculis Super Grand Prix in Monaco. Thus, prior to the Olympics, Lena will have made four starts. We are beginning to compete so late, since the winter season was also late. Lena only began training on March 25th. Now she’s already into her normal working routine. We’re laying the base, gaining strength, speed, mass. Perfecting some technical details. If she’s now around 90 percent ready, by June we’ll reach one hundred percent intensity. Most importantly, the training process must continue as it is now, without hindrance or mistakes.”
Last edited by BruceFlorman on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Wed May 07, 2008 1:39 am

THANK YOU Bruce

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Thu May 15, 2008 1:56 am

I guess I missed this little blurb when it was posted on AllSport.ru a little over a week ago.
11:33 06.05.2008 – Athletics
Mexican television to make a film about Yelena Isinbaeva
The largest television network of Mexico and South America, TV Azteca, will make a film about Olympic Games, World and European champion, and multiple world record holder in the women’s pole vault, Yelena Isinbaeva. Isinbaeva’s personal coach, Vitaly Petrov spoke about this to the Agency of Sports Information, “All Sport”.

“Lena and I are truly concentrating on preparing for the Olympic Games, and everything else is secondary,” confirmed Vitaly Petrov. “Nevertheless, a few commitments still remain. Lena took part in an advertising shoot for Adidas, and soon a Mexican crew from Azteca television – the largest in South America – will arrive in Formia. These are working moments. They certainly don’t add rest. But hopefully they won’t be a serious obstacle to preparing for the Olympic Games.”
Last edited by BruceFlorman on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:06 am

THANK YOU Bruce

slvr1969
PV Whiz

RussiaToday : Interview with Elena Isinbaeva on 2008-05-27 1

Unread postby slvr1969 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:03 am

RussiaToday : Interview with Elena Isinbaeva on 2008-05-27 15:32

http://www.russiatoday.ru/guests/video/1241

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Thanks for posting the link. It was interesting.

I don't really understand Russian well enough to follow a conversation between native speakers at "normal speed", but I understand enough to know that the English translation of her answers weren't faithful word-for-word, although I'm sure they were reasonably close in spirit. I couldn't hear what she was saying after the translation audio was overlayed, but from the first few words I can tell her answers to the last two questions were paraphrased.

BTW, did that video take as long to buffer for you as it did for me? It must've taken nearly ten minutes to buffer a two-minute clip. :confused:

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:39 pm

It was a sh@$#$#t sound recording!

Try this one from Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68zAvZU0hKA

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:53 am

This isn't much of an "update", but Isi's been keeping such a low profile this spring that I'll settle for whatever I can get. ;)
22:24 14.06.2008 - XXIX Summer Olympic Games - 2008
Andrey Lavrov: the standard-bearer for the Russian Olympic team at the games in Beijing should be Yelena Isinbaeva

The standard-bearer for the Russian Olympic team at the opening ceremony of the 2008 Games in Beijing should be the European, World and Olympic Games champion, world record holder in the women’s pole vault, Yelena Isinbaeva. Andrey Lavrov, a participant in five Olympic Games, triple Olympic champion (plus one-time Olympic bronze medalist), Russian team standard-bearer at the 2000 Games, great handball goalkeeper and presently a Federation Council member, and deputy chairman of the Commission for Youth Affairs and Sport, expressed this opinion to the agency of sport information "All Sport".

“I think the candidates for the standard-bearer of the Russian Olympic team for the opening ceremony of the 2008 Games in Beijing are currently under discussion by the Olympic preparation staff,” suggested Andrey Lavrov. “At the 2000 Games in Sydney I became the first standard-bearer in the history of domestic sport as a representative of a team sport. I figure, in Beijing a woman can become the standard-bearer for the first time. Can and should, especially if we consider the contributions which the beautiful half of humanity has made to the performance of the entire Russian team. And I consider the most real candidate, Yelena Isinbaeva, the Olympic Games champion, world record holder, primary favorite of the pole vault tournament. She earned this honor through her successes. Furthermore, Lena is a beautiful young woman, in my deeply subjective view, and at present is the personification of Russian sport. It’s of no small importance that she will not compete during the first week of the Olympic Games. Carrying the flag into the Olympic stadium is hard physical work and a serious psychological burden. But I’m sure that Yelena Isinbaeva will cope.”

Recall that Andrey Lavrov was himself the Russian team standard-bearer at the 2000 Games and won his third Olympic gold. Before Lavrov, at the three Olympiads in 1988 (USSR), 1992 (Joint team) and 1996 (Russia) the Russian banner was bourn by Greco-Roman wrestling champion Alexander Karelin, and he won three golds. The 2004 standard-bearer was four-time Olympic swimming champion Alexander Popov, however he did not advance into the final in either of his two distances (50 and 100 free style).

Now I thought she'd been offered the flag-bearer job back at the Russian Olympic Committee meeting back in December, and she turned it down. I'm pretty sure she said it'd be too heavy and that one of the guys ought to do it. :eek: :D
Last edited by BruceFlorman on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:02 pm

2008 CALENDER
11 July - Golden League - Rome
22 July - IAAF Super Grand Prix DN Galan - Stockholm
26 July - Aviva Grand Prix - London
29 July - Herculis Super Grand Prix - Monaco
16 AUG - Olympic Games China Beijing 10:10 (GMT+8:00) Qualification
18 AUG - Olympic Games China Beijing 19:20 (GMT+8:00) Final

IAAF OLYMPICS 2008 Athletics Events Timetable
http://www.iaaf.org/oly08/results/eventCode=3659/bydiscipline/disctype=4/sex=M/discCode=PV/combCode=hash/timetable.html

Beijing 2008 Summer Games Track and Field Schedule
http://www.trackandfieldtours.com/schedule.html
Last edited by slvr1969 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Just to keep everything together, I'll put a link in this thread, but I posted the translation of Isi's first Russian interview of the outdoor season here, in the Rome Golden Gala thread.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Yelena Isinbaeva - ROME GL - 2008 World record - 5.03 - full

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:17 am

Yelena Isinbaeva - ROME GL - 2008 World record - 5.03 - full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc8q8aWS674

Return to “Pole Vault - International”