Rob From the UK saying Hi

All things masters pole vaulting.

Moderators: Russ, vaultmd

murkinrg
PV Beginner

Rob From the UK saying Hi

Unread postby murkinrg » Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 am

hi everyone

Just wanted to say hello to introduce myself. I've posted some stuff on the ''beginners'' forum but have only just noticed the 'masters' section.

I'm Rob 42 and live in Surrey in England. I compete on the masters scene in the UK and will be off to Slovenia in July for the European champs.

I only started PV 18 months ago so I could do a decathlon but now i'm hooked on it and have decided to concentrate soley on it. I only have a pb of 2.60m but am improving all the time.

I'm treasurer of the Southern Counties Veterans AC (the regional association) which involves helping out at a lot of the masters meets.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi. If anyone wants to drop my a line anytime, It will always be good to hear from you.

Until then, have a nice day
Rob :)
Hi i'm Rob, I'm 42 and live in the UK.
I compete on the masters scene, I run 60m to 200m + PV.

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Welcome aboard Rob! If you haven't ordered Alan Launders book "Beginner to Bubka" yet, do so. You will find it the best thing you can get for your vaulting now that you're hooked on this goofy event. Later.........Mike

murkinrg
PV Beginner

Got it

Unread postby murkinrg » Fri May 09, 2008 4:17 am

Hi Mike

Many thnaks for that.Yes I got the book AND the DVD and I can't put either of them down. All I need to do now is to copy what his pupils are doing and i'll be fine.

Have a great weekend.
Rob

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Fri May 09, 2008 11:16 am

Just remember to be patient with yourself and your progress. As Masters athletes our biggest problem is that our bodies can't keep up with our 18 year old brains. We get hurt a lot (I'm writing this with two bum feet that will probably keep me out all this year). You're kind of lucky being a newbie at this because with the book and DVD you will be able to teach yourself how to do this event right. Most of us are coming back to the event with a lot of bad habit baggage we learned many years ago that makes learning the new techniques more difficult for us to master. I've written a couple of threads regarding older athletes coming back or getting into this event. The threads address how much effort should be placed on the body due to age. I think you should be able to take a look at them through the search feature on this site. It may give you some good info, then again it may not, but you might want to give them a peek. Keep us all posted on your progress. Later..................Mike

murkinrg
PV Beginner

Unread postby murkinrg » Thu May 15, 2008 7:47 am

Thanks Mike

I'll be in touch

Take it easy
Rob

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”