Erin Asay joins 15 foot club!

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:23 am

i think its the correct pole and run. she just has to continue to learn to swing and drive her hips up through the pole. shes not overly deep or shallow

part of the advantage to a longer run, in my opinion anyway, is not that it lets you run faster, but if your not rushing to get to top speed you can have more control when you get there, and thats what i see in erins run.

for those of you who haven't met Coach Labou, he is an incredibly smart coach and his guys/gals work very hard. John Takahasi has had great success with him as well, and from what i hear, when he gets healthy hes gonna suprise some people.

congrats again erin..

P.S. everyone please chime in and tell erin not to retire after this year
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:45 am

Dude Erin, everyone else is retiring after this year, don't be a follower ;)

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:11 am

I agree with VTechVaulter, the pole looks good. It doesn't look to me like she's using a bigger or longer pole just for the sake of doing that. Each jump looks better as she gets more comfortable with it. She's clearly not afraid of success and that's awesome!

RETIRE?! I'll bet that's the furthest thing from her mind. If I'm just starting to blow it up like she is, forget it. Maybe she should talk to Hartwig and Manson about how much longer she should jump. Probably eight years by their standards? Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:16 am

Bubba PV wrote:RETIRE?! I'll bet that's the furthest thing from her mind. If I'm just starting to blow it up like she is, forget it. Maybe she should talk to Hartwig and Manson about how much longer she should jump. Probably eight years by their standards? Bubba

It's a little tougher for the women who want to get married and have a family someday. I'm not saying that's what Erin wants to do right now, but there's only so much time to do that.

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:19 am

Good point. And there's that whole, "make a living thing". All the best for her this year. She's been on fire!! Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby bjvando » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:24 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:
Bubba PV wrote:RETIRE?! I'll bet that's the furthest thing from her mind. If I'm just starting to blow it up like she is, forget it. Maybe she should talk to Hartwig and Manson about how much longer she should jump. Probably eight years by their standards? Bubba

It's a little tougher for the women who want to get married and have a family someday. I'm not saying that's what Erin wants to do right now, but there's only so much time to do that.

I think there is plenty of time for that if thats what someone wants to do... If you commit, you can do both... well maybe not the kid part because it would be hard to vault with an infant in your belly
:P
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:47 pm

bjvando wrote:I think there is plenty of time for that if thats what someone wants to do... If you commit, you can do both... well maybe not the kid part because it would be hard to vault with an infant in your belly
:P

A woman's fertility starts declining slowly around age 28, and sharply in the mid-30s, so it's not something you can put off forever, especially if you want a big family.

I like that Isinbayeva recognizes that if she wants to start a family she can't pole vault forever. Hopefully she finds a nice guy to go along with her plans!

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby bjvando » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:50 pm

have yelena call me ;)
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

SDSUErinAsay
PV Newbie

Unread postby SDSUErinAsay » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:02 pm

ok let's not start speculating about my retirement lol
i am starting nursing school in september and it is an intense 15 month program..so i am not sure if i will be able to meet the demands of nursing school and training at the same time. something i gotta think about..

and yes i do want to get married and start a family, but i only want 2 kids lol...so maybe i can have one when i'm 29 and the other when i'm 30! :) sounds good to me!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 pm

SDSUErinAsay wrote:ok let's not start speculating about my retirement lol
i am starting nursing school in september and it is an intense 15 month program..so i am not sure if i will be able to meet the demands of nursing school and training at the same time. something i gotta think about..

and yes i do want to get married and start a family, but i only want 2 kids lol...so maybe i can have one when i'm 29 and the other when i'm 30! :) sounds good to me!

Well if you keep jumping like this, maybe you should defer nursing school for another 2 years or so ;) Jillian Schwartz got into law school and kept deferring it to focus on PV, and she's not jumping much higher than you!

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”