help please

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
PV1328
PV Beginner

help please

Unread postby PV1328 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:07 pm

http://www.treemo.com/users/PV1328/channel/item/337472

thats my jump at nine... i know i lack a knee drive but i dont know what else to do.. i really need to get up to 11 this year thats what my "coach" keeps pushing soo any help would be good! thanks :)

here are some other jumps....

http://www.treemo.com/users/PV1328/channel/item/337474
thats 9'6

http://www.treemo.com/users/PV1328/channel/item/337476
thats my attempt at 10

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:46 am

Your drive knee looks good. Its your trail leg that isn't working for you. Work on a long sweeping trail leg.

The main area that, in my opinion, is going to get you to 11ft is your speed. Your cadence and running form look pretty good, could get your knees up during your run better, but your overall speed is what will help the most. Whether that requires mentally turning it up to another gear, getting a longer run, or physically training your body for more speed, you and your coach will have to figure that one out.

Hope that helps a little...
"Heart"

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

9'

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:31 am

Where are you located??

ATranPV
PV Beginner

Unread postby ATranPV » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:15 am

I agree with indestructo about your trail leg.

It looks like you swinging right off the ground. Try to hit that take off position with your trail leg back as a long jumper would take off.

Hope this helps a little.

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:03 am

Your run is inconsistent and not "bouncy". Once you get a better run up things will start to happen fast. Vaulting starts at the top of the runway. Study what you can on the forum about the run up. I'd like to see higher knees and generally an overall stronger run. I've mentioned before my saying, "run strong not long". This really applies in your case. Find a small hill by your practice area and do pole runs up it. That will promote higher "bouncier" knees. Once you've got that going, utilize DJ's mid mark chart and figure out your steps so that you can be in the proper position for an "out" take off. Like most newbies, you're take off is under. Good luck............later...Mike

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”