Clinic in the region??

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

altius
PV Rock Star

Clinic in the region??

Unread postby altius » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Anyone in this region interested in putting together a clinic -3 or 4 days - in the first week of July - for coaches and athletes - and using Baggett and Launder??? :D
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Would be greatly interested. If you don't know already, a good place to have this would be the PG Sports and Learning Complex in Prince-George's County. Any idea of costs yet?
"I run and jump, and then it's arrrrrgh!" -Bubka

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 am

Thanks for your response. Where is the facility you mention in relation to a town I might have heard of -like Baltimore or hagerstown?? Can you detail what is available there??

I am waiting on Baggett to decide if he wants to come east of St Louis for the first time in his life!!! but I would certainly be available because I will be heading east to Europe after my last scheduled clinic in Boone,NC, June 28 29th.

If it fits easily into our travel plans I am prepared to do a one day clinic for 500 and a 2 or 3 day for 1000 - plus accommodation. I have never asked for these amounts -that is what folk have offered me - as you can check with Daniel Isaacs in Boone or Joel Flores in Honolulu. I can handle up to 100 kids at a time if the facilities permit - obviously the numbers involved become a factor in payment. If Baggett is available we would split these amounts - but hope you get a good turn out!!! I am hoping to take him to Europe for the first time in his life. Al
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 pm

The PG Center is near DC (in Landover), right next to the FedEx Field, where the Washington Redskins play. It has two indoor runways, (probably more than two outside, I haven't gotten a good look at their outdoor track,) a couple of pools, really big weightlifting and gymnastics centers, and of course, overpriced food... The website and the rental application form are right here:
http://www.pgsportsandlearn.com/index.html
http://www.pgsportsandlearn.com/pdf/ren ... cation.pdf

primetime614
PV Wannabe
Expertise: "Soul" Vaulter - choose academics over athletics in college :/

Unread postby primetime614 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm sure every vaulter in maryland would be interested. PV clinics like this are extremely rare. Maryland Vaulters usulay have to travel several hundread miles north ot pennsylvania. There are no clubs in maryland that i know of. I'd get my whole team to come.

If your looking for an outdoor track, i dont know anything about PG. but prehaps Morgan State Univ. the site of the MD State Championships might let you vault. they have 2 runways with 4 boxes.
PR: 13'6"
Dist. Runner: Hey, are you ganna win today?
Me: What else would I do Lose!?!

cheezit
PV Newbie

Unread postby cheezit » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 am

My kid would be interested. Also, how can we find out more about Boone, N.C. clinic ? Tnx.

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:31 pm

cheezit wrote:My kid would be interested. Also, how can we find out more about Boone, N.C. clinic ? Tnx.

Go to my website http://www.tailwindpolevault.com all the information is up. or pm me and I will get you more information.

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:58 pm

I was thinking about talking to Morgan State... How do they have 4 boxes and only 2 runways? Would we need to build two other ones? How much do you think that might cost? What about pits? Just thinking ahead here... Also, if anybody's got a bunch of people or a group of any size that might be interested, then shoot me a pm/email so that we can help to get some scope of how many people we might need to accommodate. Thanks!

spike gibeault
PV Pro

Unread postby spike gibeault » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 pm

powerplant42 wrote:I was thinking about talking to Morgan State... How do they have 4 boxes and only 2 runways? Would we need to build two other ones? How much do you think that might cost? What about pits? Just thinking ahead here... Also, if anybody's got a bunch of people or a group of any size that might be interested, then shoot me a pm/email so that we can help to get some scope of how many people we might need to accommodate. Thanks!

two runways, with a box at each end so your approach can be in eatheir direction, this usually means that there is two pits, it is usually like this outdoors so you have two pits you can put them at ethier end of the runway to adjust for wind or what other reasons you can think of.
"My biggest fear is my lack of fear."-Mat Hoffman

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:29 pm

Are you absolutely sure that the runways have two boxes each? Just making sure you know...

spike gibeault
PV Pro

Unread postby spike gibeault » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:37 pm

powerplant42 wrote:Are you absolutely sure that the runways have two boxes each? Just making sure you know...
no, not absolute, but ususally when you have two runways and four boxes that is how it is layed out, im not 100% on this one, ill go see if i can get a layout of their field for you

spike gibeault
PV Pro

Unread postby spike gibeault » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:49 pm

if you search it on google maps, it appears that the runways meet in the middle...it is very odd setup, it looks like two pits go back to back and have runways in opposite directions, from the looks of it, it doesnt look like it has four boxes at all, check for yourself http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=Morgan+State+university&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

click on satelite view and it is to the bottom/left of the arrow marker, the pit is set up in the middle of a long runway.

Return to “Northeast Region”