14'7 Essx carbon Poles Brand New 185 and 189 Sale or Trade

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

mcminkz05
PV Great
Expertise: College Vaulter

14'7 Essx carbon Poles Brand New 185 and 189 Sale or Trade

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:21 pm

I have 2 brand new essx Carbons for sale, a 14'7 185 and a 14'7 189. The 185 has been planted less than 5 times, the 189 has never been planted. These poles cost $485 + shipping each to order. I am looking to get $350 for each, located in Ypsilanti, MI at the eastern michigan university fieldhouse. They are also for auction right now on ebay for a best offer.

I would prefer cash to pay for two new poles I just bought, but I will consider a trade for 14'6 spirits or pacer carbons 175-185 range, or 15'6 spirit or carbons, 175-185.

If interested pm me or shoot me an email at Amcmill2@emich.edu
Thanks

Adam
What have you done today to get better?

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:23 pm

Why did you switch from Essx?
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

mcminkz05
PV Great

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:36 am

Mostly I am selling them to pay for some larger 15'7 poles I recently bought,
I am rather picky about poles and I am more comfortable with spirits. The essx poles are great and I know a lot of people who jump well on them, but not the best fit for me.

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:00 am

mcminkz05 wrote:Mostly I am selling them to pay for some larger 15'7 poles I recently bought,
I am rather picky about poles and I am more comfortable with spirits. The essx poles are great and I know a lot of people who jump well on them, but not the best fit for me.

Understandable about needing $$$ to pay for bigger poles. How come they're not the best fit for you? Too large in diameter? Too heavy? Have trouble timing them up?
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

mcminkz05
PV Great

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:40 pm

lonestar wrote:
mcminkz05 wrote:Mostly I am selling them to pay for some larger 15'7 poles I recently bought,

Understandable about needing $$$ to pay for bigger poles. How come they're not the best fit for you? Too large in diameter? Too heavy? Have trouble timing them up?

Diameter doesn't really matter to me, and no they are lighter than my spirits, I just like the feel of spirits better. Its interesting actually, they also seem to bend off to the side in one jerky motion after I plant them which throws me off. I thought this was me at first, but I tried every other brand of pole my college has, and it didn't happen on any others. I couldn't figure it out.

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 am

mcminkz05 wrote:Diameter doesn't really matter to me, and no they are lighter than my spirits, I just like the feel of spirits better. Its interesting actually, they also seem to bend off to the side in one jerky motion after I plant them which throws me off. I thought this was me at first, but I tried every other brand of pole my college has, and it didn't happen on any others. I couldn't figure it out.

So is the 185 a twister? A twister is a pole that twists or spins in your hand after takeoff (in case you hadn't heard the term. You said you've never planted the 189, right?

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:35 am

i gotta say that the essx poles are different but i have noticed that if you dont have the correct turn of the pole (ie: the way you hold when you start running to plant soft side up) then it will do what he said. it took me only a practice or two to compinsate for it and i believe that the poles are great actually. i am a big fan i just wish i had a series that was a little closer so i dont have to keep subing in other poles. but that is life and i still hold on to a dream of a close knit series of poles :) too bad i am broke or i woulda snatched these bad boys i have seen these poles and they are practicly brand new just been sitting though havent ever seen the 189 used and the 185 only several times. but back to my point i have actually had several people jump on my essx poles and say the same thing he is trying to say here and i believe it has to do with the just a simple turn in your hand. the poles sit in your hand funny and just like anyother if you plant a soft side off to one side or the other funny stuff happens. anyways just my two cents.
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

mcminkz05
PV Great

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:18 pm

lonestar wrote:
mcminkz05 wrote:Diameter doesn't really matter to me, and no they are lighter than my spirits, I just like the feel of spirits better. Its interesting actually, they also seem to bend off to the side in one jerky motion after I plant them which throws me off. I thought this was me at first, but I tried every other brand of pole my college has, and it didn't happen on any others. I couldn't figure it out.

So is the 185 a twister? A twister is a pole that twists or spins in your hand after takeoff (in case you hadn't heard the term. You said you've never planted the 189, right?

Basically what Chris (vaulter870) just said, they sit funny in your hands. It is not a twister, because every single essx pole I try does the same thing. One of our other vaulters has some other 14'7's and I have tried those from a short run, they all do the same thing.

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

Feels funny in the hand? or

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Feels funny in the hand because it is not round or the pole rotates funny in the hand because you have a new prepend in the pole from improper storage?
bruce

mcminkz05
PV Great

Re: Feels funny in the hand? or

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 pm

ESSX wrote:Feels funny in the hand because it is not round or the pole rotates funny in the hand because you have a new prepend in the pole from improper storage?
bruce

Deffinetly not improper storage, I keep all of my poles in a think pvc tube inside of my essx pole bag in a wooden pole box in the fieldhouse. We take good care of our poles, and its not just mine its all essx poles we have. I changed the position of my hands during my pole carry earlier this year so that might have something to do with it. essx poles are great :yes: , its just odd how that happens to me.

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

just as a note for others

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:29 pm

mcminkz05 thank you for your input I find it better to allow the bottom hand to be lose and the top hand to be firm when in the pole carry stages.
And tolift the pole higher to take the weight of the carry weight off the bottom hand.
A note to others;
We store our poles hung from the ceiling as we found that poles stored on a rack with very little support tend to get a false prebend due to heat when stored in the pVC tube.
and that some of our little poles are oval to help the younger vaulter to bend the pole.
If you experience a pole that is slow in coming back you need a stiffer pole or you may be over gripping.

Bruce

mcminkz05
PV Great

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 pm

If interested please contact me and I can make you a great deal on price.. I really need to sell these to pay for new poles I bought. Thanks!

Return to “Sales Forum”