High School without pit

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

ochspv06
PV Newbie

High School without pit

Unread postby ochspv06 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:04 pm

Hi i am a track representative for my school and we are currently looking for a new/used pit in good/decent condition. our funds are limited to around the $2500 mark but we can likely compromise. WE arent likely going to use the pit for meets so it does not have to meet standards we are focussing more merely for practicing purposes. Please email me at adrenaline3333@aol.com with any help/details etc. Thanks
u lose when u stop trying

ochspv06
PV Newbie

Unread postby ochspv06 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:43 pm

we would really like to get one soon also so any helps is appreciated.please reply! ;)

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:46 pm

Telling us where your high school is located would be a big help.

I don't think it is legal for high schools to use an illegal pit for practice.

ochspv06
PV Newbie

Unread postby ochspv06 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:53 pm

Our high school is located in Owensboro, Ky but if the seller is willing to ship we will pay freight. And we are likely going to try and add on to the pit if it doesnt meet regulations to standardize it ourselves for cost purposes

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:32 am

Did you see the one in Rhode Island? Kentucky is closer to RI than Minnesota is. Later............Mike

ochspv06
PV Newbie

Unread postby ochspv06 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:35 pm

yes i inquired about that pit but he doesnt seem to want to mess with shipping which i would be paying. i am hard pressed for time but i am trying to get a pit at all costs. Hopefully we can compromise and i also found another one in michigan but the freight is what stops people from selling theris i guess. .... Blake

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:41 pm

Check the Two pits for sale thread a couple down from this. From Owensboro to Ann Arbor it 450 miles. You could do it in about 8 hours each way. It would make for a long weekend but it sounds to me like you'd get yourself a workable pit. Later.........Mike

ochspv06
PV Newbie

Unread postby ochspv06 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:53 pm

teaching,coaching, adn such take up too much time for me to be able to make that kind of trip. Hopefully someone will let me pay for freight and ship it here

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:02 pm

ochspv06 wrote:teaching,coaching, adn such take up too much time for me to be able to make that kind of trip. Hopefully someone will let me pay for freight and ship it here

Freight is going to be EXPENSIVE.

I would recommend calling all the high schools in the area and seeing if anyone knows anyone that has a pit to get rid of.

Also, getting extensions for an undersized pit won't be cheap either.

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:54 am

You know I was thinking. Why do you have to go get it? Is there any reason why one of your vaulters' Dads(or Moms for that matter) couldn't go get it? In Minnesota being a sports parent means being involved quite a bit. Ex: we have to man the concession stands, sometimes drive our atheletes to meets etc.do all sorts of stuff that costs us time and money. I bet if you asked, there would be a couple of vaultin' Dads (or Moms) with pickups that would that would make the drive to get the team a pit. Just a thought. Later.................Mike

ochspv06
PV Newbie

Unread postby ochspv06 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:49 pm

good idea! i may try that or if all else fails i may get one and pick it up over spring break if i find one in time

Hawkeye
PV Beginner

Blue UCS pit

Unread postby Hawkeye » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:41 am

talked to the guys at UCS and they said a 24 foot Ryder truck is the way to go. Don't use U-haul as they are junk and measure from the top of the cargo area and not the bottom so they can use that little section over the cab that would be useless when transporting a pit. We have a blue UCS pit with a weather cover that will need a home since we are doing a fundraiser for new pits. I will send pics if you are interested.

Return to “Sales Forum”