Gas Prices

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:10 am

Matthew pretty much hit it on the head. Motorcycling is fun. Bikers know why dogs love to stick their heads out of car windows. But the cagers (car and truck drivers) ARE out to getcha. You have to look out for them, they will not look out for you. I've got 4 bikes. The Harley gets about 45 MPG and the wifes' VLS 600 gets 55. The other 2 are in between. I insure all 4 bikes, full coverage for about $500 a year. Definately take the motorcycle safety course. Thing I haven't figured out yet is where I'm going to carry the pole on the bike. Later..................Mike

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:43 pm

Hahahaha - Mike, I was tryin to figure out that same thing..... Maybe when I'm older and get a big touring bike I could rig something with a trailer..... :P
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

cnfsedcaligal
PV Fan

Unread postby cnfsedcaligal » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:00 pm

thanks guys, i might look into, but reality of being a college kid living in SLO and being from Southern California might turn me towards a car...just cuase of the rain in slo for parts of the year.....we will have to see
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."- unknown

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:04 am

Yeah I know what you mean- when in Monterey the only vehicle I had was my motorcycle - but now that I'm back on the east coast (home sweet home), and there are 4 seasons and alot of rain - the motorcycle had to go on the back burner. Hopefully I'll get some decent riding time in this summer. Unless I have to sell it to help me buy new poles..... :P
Matthew Savini

DCHS Vault Coach

www.HighVaultage.com

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:35 pm

gas was actually at 1.99 on wednesday!!! too bad i didn't need gas...
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

keelowman
PV Nerd

Unread postby keelowman » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:58 pm

lucky for you I had to get gas yesterday and the cheapest I could find was 2.79 a gallon for the CHEAP stuff. :mad:
ahh San Diego: women, sun , beaches, pole vault, what else do you need.

Return to “General”