12'4"

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
RamboRich
PV Newbie
Expertise: HS Coach and Club Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'1"
Favorite Vaulter: Dutch Warmerdam

Re: 12'4"

Unread postby RamboRich » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 am

Altius:

"Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor." Proverbs 18:12

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 am

You are absolutely correct ramborich - but I thought Rick was asking for some comments about what folk saw. I may be wrong but that is what I thought I saw - as briefly as I could put it. She appears to be a very good runner - problem is that if she does not add a good vertical component at take off her speed takes her flat - imho.
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

VaultPurple
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach, Pole Vault Addict
Favorite Vaulter: Greg Duplantis

Unread postby VaultPurple » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

yeah i have to agree that that pole series looks too soft. So that when you are flat and under they just kinda flip you up so you don't go very deep.

kcvault
PV Pro
Expertise: College vaulter, post collegiate vaulter, BA kinesiology,
Lifetime Best: 5.40m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Annie Burlingham

Unread postby kcvault » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Interesting that you think I am stupid enough to base MY comment on one jump
Sorry you took offense to that. I was trying to say you probably know better since it seems like you know her but what I said was just based off the jump that was posted. I thought I made it perfectly clear I was only basing off the one jump. I was not trying to contradict you but was simple saying for that jump she needed to be down a pole or down in grip.

It is hard to do things correctly when coming up short. Based on the jump I saw that is what happened.

I don't like that your trying to argue with me instead of just commenting on the technique and trying to help the athlete, especially since I am not disagreeing with you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pvhigh1

Here are her serious of jumps, 3 of which the pole gets past vertical, she clearly goes up a pole for the last jump and comes up a little short.

---Kasey

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”