Adidas LJ spikes

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

zack

Adidas LJ spikes

Unread postby zack » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:31 am

Ok, I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Adidas long jump spikes (the zip up ones) and I was wondering if anyone has vaulted in them and if they like them. Mainly I'm wondering if they're very durable because the Nike TJ spikes I have now are pretty beat up after only a couple months of use.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:54 am

most spikes are gonna get beat up pretty bad after a couple of months if your using them every day....well, reasonably bad at least....um, as for durability though, i dont know about those particular spikes, but i know a lot of people on our team had them last year, and they all liked them
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

chickwstick
PV Newbie

spikes

Unread postby chickwstick » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:38 pm

I think some of my old teammates wore those Adidas spikes. I think they are white and purple. Those are ok. At least that is what they said. But I like a spike that will keep me on my toes and as tall as I can be. Any spike that will do that for you will add to the speed on the runway in my opinion.

~ ;)

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultFreak » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:59 pm

I have never had Adidas spikes. I had asics and they were pretty good, and I loved them, but then I got new balance ones, and they are so good. They have a lot of support and they are really light-weight, and they have cool colors. A lot of people on my team had the black Adidas ones with silver logo and stripes and they liked them a lot.
Pole Vaulters get high!

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:10 am

while polevaulting if you have sensative feet and pv with anything but tj or pv spikes, your feet are gonna get really sore over time. Its that extra plate at the toe that really gives you that support at takeoff!!! BUt lj and sprinting spikes sure are lighter and make you feel like your running faster.
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

ttuvaulter
PV Newbie

Unread postby ttuvaulter » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:28 am

I vaulted in those spikes for the last two years because that is what my school bought and trust me you can't lose by picking nike or reebok. The adidas spike does not put you on your forefoot like the reeboks and the nikes. they are also uncomfortable and I had problems with the heel picking up out the back. This was not just a defect caused by my feet, the reason my feet picked up out of the back is because the laces did not have holes high enough. Also the other spikes are alot cheeper. Unless adidas revolutionizes their spikes I would never buy a pair. Trust me I've used them.

Steph
PV Wannabe
Expertise: Former Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.30

Unread postby Steph » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:54 am

Fresno State bought those spikes last year. (the ones that zip up only came out last year I am pretty sure) I tried them and HATED them. THe bottom plate is so stiff that you can't get on your toes so you end up running flat foot. THe zipper thing was really unconfortable around your ankle. I have skinny ankles and it still cut in unless you wore long socks. Most of the girls and guys ended up cutting the "zipper fabric" off. But then as previously said your heel comes out cause of the laces.
Steph :star:
Those on top of the mountain did not fall there.

jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Shoes

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:14 am

Does anyone know what kind of shoes Stacy Dragila was wearing at US Sr. Nationals in June? Someone said they were a new pole vault shoe by NIKE....
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

Steph
PV Wannabe
Expertise: Former Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.30

Unread postby Steph » Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:36 pm

I think those shoes were the ones that Nike made especially for her since she has had so many foot problems.
Steph :star:
Those on top of the mountain did not fall there.

youbebosley
PV Beginner

Unread postby youbebosley » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:40 am

anyone else have opinions on those powder blue zip up adidas lj spikes? they look cool but if they suck i dont wanna get em

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:52 pm

I wore the adidas adistar LJ spikes the last 2 years and I love them. I actually just ordered the new ones for this year. They seem to very durable and I haven't had any problem with them beating up my feet. You can see in my picture the ones I am talking about. Those are the version from a couple years back but the new ones are being shipped to me as we speak.
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”