Helmets

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

KMEcoach
PV Newbie

Helmets

Unread postby KMEcoach » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:34 pm

Where is the best place to purchase helmets for young vaulters?

PV4Free
PV Beginner

Unread postby PV4Free » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:43 pm

The best helmet that I have found for pole-vaulters is the only one made specifically for pole-vaulters. The KDMax was created by Penn State University, the engineering firm Enventys and Ed Dare whose son Kevin died in a pole-vaulting accident. The helmet is truly one of a kind and it has many features that appeal specifically to vaulters. I use it myself and have found very few things to complain about.

You can learn more about the helmet's features at www.polevaulthelmet.com. As far as purchasing helmets, they are no longer sold commercially but you can probably obtain some by contacting Ed Dare himself. His address, phone number and email can be found on the contacts page at www.kevindare.com. If you call or email Mr. Dare and tell him you are interested in helmets for your program I’m sure he will be more than happy to hook you up with some or at least refer you to someone who can.

Good luck with everything and its good to know I’m not the only one wearing a helmet.
Go Army! Beat Navy!

USMA 2011

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

The period at the end of your sentence got included in your link so it doesn't work, but this should.
http://www.polevaulthelmet.com

- master

PS I wear a helmet also.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:53 pm

PV4Free wrote:The best helmet that I have found for pole-vaulters is the only one made specifically for pole-vaulters. The KDMax was created by Penn State University, the engineering firm Enventys and Ed Dare whose son Kevin died in a pole-vaulting accident. The helmet is truly one of a kind and it has many features that appeal specifically to vaulters. I use it myself and have found very few things to complain about.

You can learn more about the helmet's features at www.polevaulthelmet.com. As far as purchasing helmets, they are no longer sold commercially but you can probably obtain some by contacting Ed Dare himself. His address, phone number and email can be found on the contacts page at www.kevindare.com. If you call or email Mr. Dare and tell him you are interested in helmets for your program I’m sure he will be more than happy to hook you up with some or at least refer you to someone who can.

Good luck with everything and its good to know I’m not the only one wearing a helmet.

Umm too bad the KDMax helmets do not meet the ASTM standard that was passed for pole vault helmets because they are too thick in the back.

Helmets have been discussed on here many times before.

Start here: http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... php?t=9416

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”