HELP w/ Pole Vault Covers

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:33 am

I've seen pit garages with a pole rack built in (basically just a couple of bars hanging from wires attached to the roof.

We have one like that at my high school...it's nice since we can arrange the poles by height (one section for 11' poles, another for 12', etc.) so that it is really easy to find poles when you need to use them. It's also nice to just be able to roll it on and off the pit setup and a great protector against the weather.

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Re: Pit

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:27 pm

jmayesvaultmom wrote:Kids were climbing all over ours and jumping on it at the first game. We solved it by putting hurdles around the pit and "roping" it off with security tape. :P

Several years ago to get permission to have the pit out during football season I had to agree to sit beside the pit during games to keep kids off. I would have done it anyway just to keep them off of it.
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”