i will buy old mats!!!!!

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

angerpaulie
PV Beginner

i will buy old mats!!!!!

Unread postby angerpaulie » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:43 pm

ok i live in oklahoma and im gonna get a pit in backyard and if u know where i can get some cheap used mats plzz email me asap thanks! :D
yes im a lefty ohh yea!!!

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:49 am

Go to your computer and look up your state high school league. In there,you should have a listing of all of your high schools in the state and their respective athletic directors. E-mail everyone of them and ask if they have any pits that they aren't using and would be willing to let you have. The "have" part is very do-a-ble. These schools that had to get new pits because of the new standards still have (or most of them do) their old pits that they don't know what to do with. Hazardous waste disposal fees that the waste management companies are going to charge for the disposal of those pits is through the roof and most schools have just set them back waiting for someone to come and get them. This forum, and that process helped me find my set up. I found my pit 100 miles south of where I live and I just made arrangements to pick it up one night after work. What I did was make a "donation" to the school's athletic fund in exchange for the pits. That way I wasn't really buying the pit (takes them off the hook for liability) but instead just helping them "take out the trash". All in all, it took me about 3 months to get my back yard pit found and set up here at the house. So you want to get on it soon. I've got a pretty nice set up out in the backyard for which I fashioned and made a lot of the stuff . So if you have any questions about a set up either PM me or ask me here on the forum. One of these days I'll be able to figure out how to put a picture on these postings or Becca will put my pit set up on for me. I sent her an explaination and 3 pictures of what I've got. So sooner or later my set-up will be on here for you to use a reference. Later........Mke

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”