Running Shoes

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

scubastevesgirly
PV Pro

Unread postby scubastevesgirly » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:09 pm

hm...i guess that's why so many ppl lift in skate shoes..i thought that was weird, but turns out i'm the weird one...all liftin' in my running shoes...

fong520
PV Pro

Unread postby fong520 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:28 pm

hmm id go for some sweet classic chuck taylors peronally.. it hink u cna find them for liek 30 or so. heh
i run, therefore im buff.

PV Wannabe

Unread postby 95 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:08 am

If you have a neutral or underpronating footstrike like me, you might consider the Nike Pegasus or--if you're looking for something a little heavier-- the Asics Cumulus. I've liked both of these shoes since they're simple (not gimmicky) cushioning shoes that have average prices.

scubastevesgirly
PV Pro

Unread postby scubastevesgirly » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:11 am

I think I'm a slight to moderate overpronater...I did buy a sweet pair of beautiful mizunos, but there was a 'bar' feelin' thing running across the middle of my foot (L to R)...so i can't wear those..the shoe is made for underpronators...

I've heard the nike milers are good...I really liked the pair of mizunos I have now, but the updated version is flippin' expensive....and alas, i am a poor college student, so i'm not lookin' to spend more than $70 if i can help it.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:20 am

What size shoe do you wear?

I am lucky enough to be a size 7, which turns out to be the sample size for many companies. My last couple pairs have all been $20 :D

I pronate and I have almost always worn Asics. They have several models which are good for this.

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”