You know ur obsessed w/ pv when:

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:45 pm

and shes a vaulter so that makes it even worse i guess.
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:15 pm

Speaking of soda straws. You take it and push it up against the table or something hard and see how far you can bend it before it breaks. Also with a different straw, bend it so it has the perfect vaulting arc. And then make it straighten out like it's a real pole with a vaulter on the end of it. Later..........Mike

vaultinggoat16
PV Whiz

Unread postby vaultinggoat16 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:01 pm

I made a origami person (stapler helped I am not good at making folds stay) and his hand hinged on a gap in the top of the straw kinda just swung off a pin would work good.
-B
What poles are made of fiberglass now....

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:03 am

In geometry in high school we used to have these plastic rulers that were really flexible. It was a lot of fun seeing how far they would bend and launching anything that would fly towards the ceiling, chalkboard, whatever :P
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

vaultinggoat16
PV Whiz

Unread postby vaultinggoat16 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:31 am

Lol in english last year I made a onager too, could throw a m&m across the room took fishing line alot of pencils and some paper clips
-B

What poles are made of fiberglass now....

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:38 pm

I just thought of another one because I just did it today!

You know you're obsessed with pole vaulting when it is raining, after you have put the pit cover on, and you turn the covered pole vault pit into a giant slip n' slide! ;) Try it sometime!
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:48 pm

We sometimes splash teammates when they run, when there is water in the box, we take the plug out a little, wait till they are in back of the pit (covered of course), and run onto the plug and water goes everywhere...its mean, but funny.
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:15 pm

>.< the guy vaulters at my school like slingshot-ing old poles out of the box...he'll take the pole, flex it in the box, and let go. it'll shoot way up into the air, and then i'll catch it as it comes down lol....i nearly killed him when he tried to do it with MY pole...
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

LancerVaulter07
PV Pro

Unread postby LancerVaulter07 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:55 pm

Every time that you see an overpass sign on the road...you know...the signs that say stuff like "LOW CLEARANCE 12'4"" or "OVERPASS 14'2"", you can't stop yourself from thinking things like "Boy I can vault that high!" or "I sure hope that I can vault that high some day." - oh man!
definitly do that all the time!!! started vaulting as a freshman and since i knew the record of 13'9, i always looked at overpasses and i'm like "i'm going that high before i end my high school career!" i am def. obsessed with this sport! (and i'm guilty of looking for equipment on 12/25 and also of starting a similar thread!)
"Just Fly"

*TigerVault*
PV Whiz
Location: Mckendree College in Lebanon, IL - Hometown: Herrin, IL

Unread postby *TigerVault* » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:26 am

id say if ur a member of this site ur prolly obsessed...i dunno if someone already wrote this..didnt check thru 7 pages ;)...and also when thats almost all u think about and talk about.
Go Dawgs! Woof! Woof! - SIU Salukis

BigStick Club
PV Nerd

Unread postby BigStick Club » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:08 pm

Argh...we had that slingshot thing with poles going on one day, only it was a perfectly functioning pole that we still use.

We had let a member of another team borrow it at State, and while I was warming up at my pit, I look over where he was jumping when I heard a big OH! and see our pole, launched probably 30-40 feet high at tip, thud into the ground and ram about 8 inches of mud and dirt into the open end.

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:31 pm

When you visualize your vaults as your going to sleep every night!
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

Return to “Pole Vault - General”