Mall Vault

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Wed May 11, 2005 12:42 pm

the place in canada had flower planters and a fountain.. we just placed the runway to it's best spot with the pit on the bottom floor..... but facing the second floor rail.. the second floor crowd had the vaulters coming stright at them... plant ..up...over.. a rush.. it was awesome and higher, even at 17', than the second floor crowds heads..

any of the canadain vaulters that jumped there on this site??? there were 5? emerging elite.. some jumped at american colleges.. sorry i don't remeber all the names.. but i do remember the TECHNIQUE of most...that's the coach in me.... it was tremendious fun.. and helped promote the event at the world championships.. bruce was canada's top finishers in that meet of all canadian entries...

dj
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Wed May 11, 2005 3:18 pm

opalkak wrote:It really might be sad, but every where I go I'm looking at buildings trying to figure out if I could vault inside.

Dude, I know how you feel. You aren't the only one who does that. I bet that there are at least 200 others on this site alone that do the same thing. I do it too. I also look at the overpasses and think what that is in meters, if I can clear that, or what type of record that would be.
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

nsanevaulter520
PV Newbie

Unread postby nsanevaulter520 » Tue May 17, 2005 4:43 pm

I heard a story one time from Rick Bagget about a mall vault in Eugene. I guess some body snapped a pole and the butt plug flew off and went through a window of a nearby store.

Return to “Pole Vault - General”